compensation: Great Pay, Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, Health Care employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Luxury hi-rise in Alexandria has an opening for a Maintenance Technician with residential experience.
Job Summary: The Maintenance Technician assists the Chief Engineer in the maintenance and operation of the physical plant and building systems, including the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), lighting, plumbing and fire protection systems in common areas and within residential units.
• Minimum two years Central Plant Operation experience.
• HVAC CFC Certification strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of the operating characteristics and interrelationships of HVAC and auxiliary equipment and piping to recognize malfunctions and make minor repairs and adjustments or recommend nature of repairs needed, winterize plumbing and other equipment for heating season, shut down feed water lines and power in preparation for major repairs and check contractors' work.
• Knowledge of condominium's administrative policies for providing in-unit service and procuring supplies and services to check work orders for completeness and accuracy and to check deliveries against invoices.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English with the ability to read technical materials such as operating manuals and inspection reports, write activity reports and correspondence and communicate effectively with contractors, residents and staff.
• Basic knowledge of electricity and plumbing, dry wall repair, painting and tools of these trades to perform work such as installing electrical lines, replacing small motors and light fixtures, and minor dry wall repairs.
• Physical Demands: Occasionally works at a desk when doing paperwork. Moves throughout the buildings in conducting inspections and responding to problems. Bends and stoops or otherwise positions self for hard-to-reach or see places. Moves heavy items weighing 40 pounds or more. Sometimes works on step and extension ladders.
• Emergencies: The assistant Chief Engineer will respond to all emergencies in the building when he is on site or on-call (rotates with Chief Engineer).
Please email your resume. Emails without a resume will not be considered.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers