compensation: Negotiable depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A Morton Thomas and Associates, Inc. is growing! We are a 100% employee-owned multidisciplinary firm with a track record of more than 60 years of excellence providing civil engineering, surveying, environmental, landscape architecture, and construction engineering and inspection services. AMT’s staff of more than 525 employees offers far-reaching expertise and a commitment to delivering successful projects to our clients. Even with AMT’s swift growth, each of our offices fosters a highly supportive and collaborative environment. As an active and socially responsible organization, we pride ourselves on the partnerships we build with our clients to improve communities.
We are hiring a Survey Instrument Operator to join our Chantilly, VA office. Position entails set up instruments accurately and rapidly for survey crew. Operate survey equipment to obtain accurate site measurements. Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, ability to adhere to safety requirements and ability to lift and carry field equipment.
* Set up survey equipment and data collector
* Utilize proper survey procedures to collect survey information and to perform stakeout
* Maintenance and adjustment of survey equipment
* Maintenance of field truck and stocking truck supplies
* Provides survey and mathematical support to Party Chief
* 1-2 years of experience as a survey instrument operator with topographic survey data collection experience and construction stakeout experience.
* Must be able to pass background checks for Federal Facilities, Drug Tests for Construction Sites, and have a good driving record.
* Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
* Self-motivated, responsible and dependable
* Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor and team members
Why Join AMT?
If you are ready to contribute your talents to a company that boasts unrivaled opportunities for growth, engages and improves communities across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions, and delivers impactful projects, we would love to hear from you.
Along with competitive salaries, AMT offers an exemplary benefits package that includes a strong 401(k) matching plan, participation in our ESOP plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, commuter benefits, educational assistance, and more.