favorite this postCommercial Construction Superintendent (Loudoun County)hide this posting
compensation: Competitive pay and benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Join KBS, Inc .one of the Mid-Atlantic's largest commercial GC's. We've been around over 40 years. More important? We love our employees! 60% of us have been with KBS over ten years. We're a great company to work with.
We seek seasoned construction superintendents for commercial, multi-residential projects in Loudoun County ranging in size from 10 to 30 million. These positions offer excellent compensation, relocation if necessary, bonus opportunity, company truck or vehicle allowance, paid time off and full benefits.
As a KBS superintendent, you will:
• Coordinate with Owner & design team to assure conformance to contract requirements.
• Review, understand, and comply with contract requirements relating to issues such as inspection procedures, claims notification, shutdown notifications, etc.
• Effectively schedule and coordinate on-site work operations.
• Create and maintain 3-Week Look Ahead: cross-reference with the Master CPM Scheduleto assure job progress is maintained.
• Supervise Asst. Superintendent and/or craft activities determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, etc.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work scheduling, etc.) as required.
• Manage on-site safety program. Understand and implement all safety requirements, regulations & laws that pertain to the project.
• Maintain updated Record Set of Contract Documents at job site, including as-built information, and up-to-date field changes or change order modifications to the project.
• Review approved submittals and cross-reference between trades to ensure the work conforms to contract requirements.
• Review, understand, and enforce all project specific subcontract agreements and supplier purchase orders.
• Monitor and control project costs; ensure cost effective procedures are followed.
• Lead weekly (or more frequently as required) safety toolbox meetings.
• Lead Daily Huddles mapping out daily tasks and the expected performance of workers.
• Perform weekly safety inspections.
• Maintain open, responsive and professional communications with all Project Team members.
• Participate in initial creation of the Project Plan .
• Provide insight regarding impact of changed conditions to Project Team for inclusion in claim and change order proposals. Monitor and document changed work operations and impact.
• Monitor/update Master CPM Schedule on as-needed basis (monthly; weekly if project requires), reviewing project for schedule conflicts/unforeseen site conditions.
• Review project correspondence. Ensure all correspondence is properly posted and filed in job site files.
• Manage the prompt, accurate processing of all project time sheets.
• Oversee job site management of project documentation, inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
• Plans & Specifications; Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
• Submittals, RFI's and Correspondence
• Claims and Change Orders
• Progress Photos
• Punch-lists and Inspection Reports
Requirements: Minimum five years commercial construction management with a general contractor in field assistant supt. capacity or four year degree in construction mgmt; architecture, engineering, etc or any equivalent combination of education/experience to meet job requirements.
Thorough knowledge of commercial and/or multi-residential construction (technology, equipment, methods); engineering, cost control , schedules and safety required.
Excellent organizational, planning and leadership skills essential.
Ability to handle stress and interact with others.
Knowledge of construction finance; ability to understand and evaluate "Cost at Completion", "Projected Revenues" and "Projected Fee".
Effective written & verbal communication skills essential. Ability to effectively present information/respond to questions from managers, clients and team members.
Strong supervisory & analytical skills;
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Computer mastery of Windows based applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Timberline job cost & PJ module and various scheduling packages.
Must have valid drivers license; good driving record.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers