Project Manager Position at Residential Design-Build Firm (Fairfax)
compensation: Very competitive salary and benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Project Manager Position Available
Jordan Design-Build Group is a successful residential design-build company based in Fairfax, Va. We are currently looking for a Project Manager to work on home remodeling projects (kitchens, bathrooms, whole house remodels, etc.) in Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, professional individual interested in building a solid career with a growing and well-respected organization.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the successful management and timely execution of home renovation projects at one or more jobsite locations
• Assign and explain tasks to the project team; supervise and inspect work to ensure conformance with design drawings/specifications and overall quality control
• Attend weekly progress meetings; provide regular updates to the President and design team
• Coordinate workflow and create/adjust project schedules as needed
• Calculate labor, time, and materials required for each project; solicit bids from trades and subs
• Order construction materials, coordinate deliveries, manage construction mobilization and staging
• Schedule and supervise field carpenters, unskilled/skilled labor, subcontractors and trades
• Coordinate trade permits as needed; schedule and attend jurisdictional inspections
• Perform light construction duties as needed (this may include pre-construction site assessment, selective demolition, site protection, daily clean-up, hauling materials, etc.)
• Ensure a safe, clean, and productive jobsite; verify Covid protocols are observed by all site visitors
• Communicate with clients in a professional manner and ensure overall customer satisfaction
Project Manager Qualifications:
• 4-year college degree with a major in Building Construction, Civil Engineering and/or Architecture
• 1-5+ years of experience in residential remodeling/construction preferred, however, entry level candidates or those with limited residential construction experience may be considered if the individual is motivated and willing to work hard and learn fast!
• Positive attitude, effective communication and excellent time management skills
• Ability to understand construction documents including contracts, drawings, specifications, schedules, bids, shop drawings, etc; Strong attention to detail is a must!
• Proficient with computers/technology/basic office software
• Valid driver's license and reliable transportation; preferred candidate should live within 30 miles of JDBG’s Fairfax, VA headquarters
A resume is required for consideration and should include:
• Your full name, address, and phone number
• Your education, work history, relevant experience, and any specialized skills
• All candidates will be subject to a background check including criminal background and driving record
JDBG offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), work computer/phone, workman’s comp, etc.
Job Type: Full-time. Jordan Design-Build Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers