compensation: Competitive salary based on job experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Davis Carter Scott (DCS) is an award-winning, full-service masterplanning, architecture and interior architecture firm. Located in Tysons, Virginia, DCS provides innovative design services for large and small corporations, law firms, associations, regional governments, major hotel chains, and the commercial real estate industry throughout the area.
DCS is currently seeking a talented, enthusiastic, self-driven, full-time Interior Designer, Project Manager, with 5 - 10 years' relevant experience in Commercial Interiors, and a passion for our industry. Working with our extraordinary team in Tysons, Virginia, you will assist in the design and production of a diverse portfolio through all phases of the project.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Candidate must be a reliable and constant resource for clients; participate in all required teleconferences and meetings.
• Thorough understanding and preparation of commercial interior design projects through all phases of development from programming, space planning, conceptual design, schematic and design development through construction documentation process.
• Manage schematic design particularly with respect to jurisdictional process, code and permit requirements.
• Assist team in the overall design and selection of FF&E.
• Knowledge of project contracting/development types: Bid, GMP, Cost Plus, Design/Build.
• Candidate must have comprehensive knowledge and be proficient in SketchUp, Revit and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma, and other software technologies.
• A Producer; must possess the ability to produce CD's and generation of finish plans, specifications.
• Oversee quality control of contract documents and construction.
• Prepare project estimates and schedules.
• Coordination and Management of consultants and representatives including product reps, and furniture dealers.
• Assist with the development of marketing image presentations.
o Junior Interior Designers
o Interior Designers
Your Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor's degree from accredited School of Interior Design and / or Architecture.
• Licensed in Interior Design or Architecture. NCIDQ recommended.
• Interest in Sustainability; LEED certifications desired.
• Minimum of five (5) years relevant interior design - commercial interiors experience.
• Computer skills must include Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of drawings required, and the level of effort required to produce drawings for presentation and contract documents.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of architectural and engineering systems.
• Knowledge of furniture, material and design specifications and related costs.
• Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
• Professional presence, dress, and demeanor.
• Represents mission and values of the firm.
Benefits Offered at Davis Carter Scott
DCS also offers a competitive salary with opportunities for professional growth and career advancement along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health and Dental Insurance,
• Disability Insurance,
• Life Insurance,
• Paid Holidays,
• Paid Vacation and Sick leave,
• 401K Company Match and Profit Sharing.
• Professional development support is provided too, including reimbursement for selected professional licenses and professional association memberships.
We offer training, project tours, continuing education seminars, software training, along with fun holiday and potluck gatherings, our DCS Happy Hour, company Volleyball and Soccer Teams, and we embrace Wellness in our studio too.
"Do Good Work. Have Fun. Make Money." This is Davis Carter Scott's internal corporate mission statement, and we come back to it time and time again. It governs how we approach our business, our relationships with each other, our clients, and our outreach into the larger community. During our nearly 50 years in business, we have proudly served some of the D.C. area's largest and most prestigious clients. Most of our clients become friends, and we think that says more than any award or endorsement can.
Ready to Advance Your Career? Please submit your resume & portfolio for consideration.
DCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers