Position: Construction Engineer
QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently looking to hire a Construction Engineer for Virginia area who is able to travel and night shift for bridge repair work in Washington D.C metro area.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Direct and monitor all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship which conforms to plans, specifications and standards.
- Plan and schedule with construction progress.
- Orders materials, identifies and solves problems, inspection as necessary throughout the process.
- Maintain positive relationship with crew, customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Ensures job site safety is number one priority, perform regular on-site safety meeting, rectifies job site hazardous immediately, encourage safe work practices, and properly record safety violations.
- Required to provide daily reports, ensure reports and records are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Supervising, ordering and coordinating activities of labor, subcontractors and deliveries.
- Conferring with management and technical associates in order to coordinate activities.
- Prepare construction related documents.
- Log and Monitor RFI’s and Change Orders.
- Able to work night shift
- Experience in Retaining Wall construction, Bridge Deck concrete repair.
- 4- or 2-years Engineering Degree prefer. Desirable study concentration in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- Must have Highway and Bridge construction experience for (3) years.
- Proficient in MS Office, Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Detail oriented and Multi-Tasking must be able to perform.
- Strong knowledge of Construction Methods and Safety Laws.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
Encourage Female and Minorities to apply. Spanish language proficiency is highly desirable. Maryland and Virginia Work Area Protection certificate, Soil Erosion Certificate, OSHA 10 – 30 certificate, ACI Concrete Certificate, etc.
We are located in Manassas, Virginia. We have active projects in Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C Metro area.
Competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays. Will provide vehicle for assign project.
Please send your updated Resume with salary requirements.