compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
LOCATION: Great Falls and Sterling, Virginia
STATUS: Full Time
POSTED: August 28, 2020
DISCIPLINES: Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, Architecture
TYPE: Professional Services
Award winning Northern Virginia landscape Design/Build firm seeks a Junior Landscape Designer to serve in a supporting role for the firm’s Landscape Architects. The ideal candidate will be local to the DMV area and have 1-3 years of experience in the Residential Landscape Design service market.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design
• Proficient in computer-aided drawing programs (AutoCAD and Sketch Up)
• Ability to read and interpret Architectural drawings
• Proficiency using Adobe Photoshop, In Design and other Adobe Suite software for presentation purposes
• Proficiency in use of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications to prepare and update proposals
• Strong hand-drawing skills
• Understanding of local horticulture and basic planting knowledge
• Have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Prepare landscape designs from concept sketches and assist with drawing management and presentation packages
• AutoCAD and hand drawn plans to convey landscape design.
• Conduct research as necessary and assist with technical and administrative assignments, tabulations, cost estimates, etc.
• Attend meetings with clients and subcontractors
• Plant and site layout coordination with project managers and staff as needed
Interested applicants should forward resume, 3 current character references, and 3 samples of landscape plan work all bundled together in a single PDF file (<5MB) Salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers