An overview of responsibilities is provided below. An ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities is essential.
QR Code Link to This Post
- Act as a landscape designer for commercial and residential clients. Will work closely with the President and General Manager of the company. Activity will split evenly between high end residential and general commercial projects.
- Design responsibilities include meeting with residential and commercial clients, designing, pricing and creation of contracts.
- Meet with customers/prospects in order to understand their goals and objectives relative to their landscaping project.
- Create landscape designs (digital image, sketch, full plans, etc. ) that incorporate these goals.
- Guide customers through the entire design process so the end result is a seamless and successful landscape project.
- Assist crews with the implementation of the projects. Crews will need to understand the overall project so they can properly build hardscapes, plant shrubs, flowers, grasses, and trees in the correct location, and ultimately complete the project per the design so that the customer is happy.
- Assist with the logistics of completing the sales process and the implementation. This includes but is not limited to :
- Working with the local nurseries to identify plant cost and availability
- Identifying the proper materials, machinery, and skills necessary to complete a project.
- Communicating with the client and internal team members throughout the project to ensure expectations are exceeded.
- Ensuring all final details of the job are complete (including walk through) so the customer will provide final payment.
- Assist in training crews about plant identification and pruning
- Work with property managers to find areas in need of improvement for enhancement opportunities.
- Proactively create improvement and master plans for commercial properties so they can be installed over a multi-year time-frame.