compensation: Very Competitive - Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Bowers Design Build, Inc. ( http://www.BowersDesignBuild.com ) is a nationally recognized, award-winning firm. In our 30-year history, it has been our singular goal to make our clients extremely satisfied with the entire architecture, design and building process. The Bowers Team takes great pride in consistently delivering in all phases of the design-build process with our in-house staff! We love creative design solutions that enhance a home’s livability for each unique homeowner.
The Bowers Design Build Team is seeking an Architect who excels at residential construction with a concentration on renovations; although we also design and build new custom homes. The position requires hands-on CAD work for individual residential projects of all sizes and scopes, including the development of schematic designs through to detailed construction drawings.
This position is part of a high performing team that includes architects and interior designers; but also, in-house estimating, purchasing and construction management teams. The Architect works closely with estimating to price design options so that clients can make intelligent decisions. This process ensures that most of our designs get built, so the Architect sees the work come to fruition. In construction, the Architect works closely with the in-house construction team to ensure that designs are built to specification. Given this collaborative environment, great interpersonal and teamwork skills are important.
Overall Position Objective
The Architect works with each client to create designs that meet their overall needs and within their budget parameter. The Architect ensures hand-offs to team members (estimators and construction managers) are timely, complete and accurate. The Architect is one, albeit very important, player in a team approach to delivery exceptional homes for our clients.
Candidates Preferred Attributes:
- Licensed in Commonwealth of Virginia
- Strong residential experience 5+ years minimum
- Working experience with REVIT (preferred), AutoCad and/or Chief Architect
- Great client services skills
- Strong design sense…practical solutions that are interesting, beautiful, and functional
- Ability to think “outside the box” but also have an attention to detail
- Project management skills; able to plan and organize work independently
- Product selection experience – ability to research and recommend products to meet unique project design solutions in coordination with construction applications
- Strong teamwork skills; positive attitude and high energy
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally (English)
Bowers has very competitive compensation package including salary, paid vacation, paid health/vision care and access to group dental care, short term disability insurance, paid holidays, matching retirement savings, and profit-sharing.
Perhaps best of all, we have a passion for creating happy clients. If you want to work in a high performing, positive team, this career may be for you.
Job Type: Full-time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers