When you come visit Osteria Marzano, you will instantly feel at home. Our guests and team members are all family. We desire to bring a fresh dining experience by creating an environment where people can feel at home and enjoy authentic Italian food. We offer house-made dishes prepared with premium ingredients imported from Italy! This is where you come in to our family. You will partake in creating amazing dishes with fresh ingredients from scratch. You will make all the magic possible - by putting your heart into creating quality food with fresh ingredients to our guests in a timely fashion while following proper food safety and sanitation standards.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the culinary arts. As a line cook, you will be creating authentic Italian dishes from scratch. You desire to explore and create amazing dishes. You take pride in your work and skills from setting up the line, keeping your station clean, following proper food safety and sanitation standards, to creating fantastic dishes and making sure each dish is presented in the best way possible. You have a love for food and an eye for detail. You show pride, excellence and integrity in all you do.
• Work with a passionate team of cooks to create and nurture a fun and positive environment
• Master Chef Marzano’s recipes and ensure all prepared food meets OM’s standard of excellence, 100% recipe adherence, and adheres to product sensitivity and plate presentation guidelines
• Maintain a clean kitchen; stock and set up rotation; clean and sanitize regularly
• Have a keen eye for freshness quality and execution
• Ensure proper rotation of all products and stocks products to par
• Ensure proper execution of recipe procedures to maintain a high quality and consistent product
• Uphold sanitation and safety standards
• Communicate ticket times and potential problems with the service staff, kitchen staff and managers
• Complete assigned prep work for stock and set up station. Break down and clean station thoroughly daily
• Keeps managers promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken
• Safely and correctly operate all equipment
• Use all chemicals properly and at appropriate levels
• Prepare and cook all food items by recipe and to specification
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with all team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum team member morale productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
• Clearly communicate with other team members
• Dress in accordance with dress guidelines, looking neat, clean and professional at all times
• Should be a team player with a positive, “can-do” attitude!
• Must have prior line cook experience in a high-volume establishment
• Must be able to read order monitor
• Must be able to hear kitchen, expo, and/or managers in the midst of loud background noise
• Must be able to communicate clearly
• Must be able to stand, move and walk for entire shift
Address: 6361 Walker ln #140, Alexandria, VA 22310
Metro & Bus accessible
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers