At La Cocina VA, we believe that by using the power of food we can generate opportunities for social and economic change. We are a nonprofit organization providing culinary job training and food assistance to residents of low-income communities, and catering services to the public and private sector. With our recent move to a new facility, we have also added services through our Small Business Incubator, Cafe, and Recreational Cooking Program. These revenue generators help us continue impacting the communities we serve in unique and sustainable ways.
Cafe Team Member Profile
The Cashier/Barista is a friendly individual with a positive demeanor and the ability to responsively serve customers to create a great experience for all guests. This individual must have excellent customer service skills, take orders, process payments, and prepare foods and drinks to the standards of the Café’s management.
● Takes customer orders and processes payments.
● Develops menu knowledge to make menu recommendations and answer customer questions.
● Packages orders and calls customers forward for pick-up from the bar.
● Maintains a clean front of house by cleaning tabletops after customer use and refilling condiments/utensils as needed.
● Willing to meet customer requests for additional items like cutlery and napkins.
● Coordinates with and assists colleagues to meet guest needs and support Cafe operations.
Barista & Bartender
● Prepares beverages including coffees, teas and alcoholic beverages.
● Appropriately refrigerates and warms food items for service.
Cafe Team Member Qualifications
● Experience working with POS systems and cash handling
● At least 1 year working as a Cashier/Barista in the foodservice industry
● RSVP Training Certification and/or ServSafe Alcohol Training Certification required
● High school diploma or G.E.D.
● Bilingual (Spanish & English) preferred but not required
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WHEN REPLYING TO THIS POST**
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers