At La Cocina VA, we believe that by using the power of food we can generate opportunities for social and economic change. We are a nonprofit organization providing culinary job training and food assistance to residents of low-income communities, and catering services to the public and private sector. With our recent move to a new facility, we have also added services through our Small Business Incubator, Cafe, and Recreational Cooking Program. These revenue generators help us continue impacting the communities we serve in unique and sustainable ways.
Delivery Driver Profile
The Delivery Driver plays an integral part in reaching the goals of the organization. Whether it be delivering for our Food Assistance Program or Catering operations, this professional must be able to act with integrity and possess great communication skills. Additionally, this individual will assist with food production as needed and scheduled by the Operations Manager. Lastly, as the direct contact with catering clients, this role requires excellent customer service skills.
The Delivery Driver is responsible for preventative maintenance of the vehicle while following state and local driving laws and road regulations.
Delivery Driver Duties and Responsibilities
● Analyzes delivery addresses and determines appropriate routes.
● Loads and unloads foods and materials.
● Ensures that all items are safely loaded onto the vehicle.
● Delivers all contracted orders in a safe and timely manner.
● Corresponds with delivery site personnel/ partner sites to ensure the appropriate delivery of contracted meals.
● Collects payments from customers at time of delivery when needed.
● Collaborates with the Operations Manager to pick-up food and other donations.
● Maintains driving log and applicable paperwork.
● Maintains the vehicle and follows up with vehicle maintenance needs.
● Keeps the vehicle clean and sanitary for food delivery.
● Reports any accidents or injuries to the supervisor in a timely manner.
● Receive daily production task lists from the Lead Cook and Operations Manager for culinary production.
● Executes menu items according to recipe standards as assigned by the Lead Cook.
● Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Delivery Driver Qualifications
● At least 1 year commercial driving experience
● At least 1 year of culinary or food service experience
● Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required
● Familiarity with roadways in the DC Metro area required
● Ability to lift 50 lbs, walking, standing, bending for long periods
● High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
● Servsafe certification preferred but not required
● Bilingual (Spanish & English) preferred but not required
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers