compensation: $11.00 to $13.00 / hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Prep Cook / Dishwasher
Entry-level cooking position under the supervision of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. The prep cook will assist in the culinary operation Caribbean food.
In addition, for the Dishwashing part of the job, your responsibilities include helping ensure guest satisfaction by maintaining all dishes, pots, pans, silverware, glasses, equipment, and kitchen utensils in a clean and sanitized condition. In addition, this job requires that the employee keep the dishwashing machine station, three-compartment sink, and related areas clean.
● Helps with overall food preparation for lunch and dinner.
● Learns healthy cooking techniques and adheres to the designated cooking methods to ensure all menu items are consistently presented for maximum nutrition and flavor.
● Strives to improve cooking skills and expands knowledge about food products and techniques.
● Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all
● Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef.
● Ensures that food is properly stored.
● Participates in establishing and maintaining a spiritual atmosphere in the kitchen.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
● 1-3 years of experience cooking in a professional kitchen ● Good knife skills
● Professional communication skills required
● Food Handlers permit required
● Ability to take direction
● Ability to work in a team environment
● Ability to work fast, effectively and stay focused under pressure
● Understanding of basic kitchen sanitation
● Must be able to perform repetitive tasks and stand for extended periods of time
BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
● A culinary degree
● Large-scale catering and food production experience
● Existing repertoire of dishes you know by heart
● Experience with vegetarian, vegan, gluten- and dairy-free diets
● Baking experience
$11.00 to $13.00 / hour
What to wear?
Business (business suit, tie)
What to bring?
Please bring your resume with you to the event.
Chantilly, VA 20152
Who you will meet:
Must wear a mask, interview will be conducted during our opening event. Must wear a mask
Where is the apply button?
Instead of receiving applications online, the employer would like candidates to RSVP and come in during the date and time provided. If you’re interested, please RSVP and we’ll let them know you’re coming!
Time & Location
Nov 21, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Ashurn Farm Association, 21400 Windmill Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147, USA
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers