compensation: $1500.00 floor per week, salary can increase based on experience. We can also provide a housing stipend, bonuses based on gross revenue of the wedding event business. employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
The historic Inn at Taughannock is a luxury boutique hotel and casual fine dining restaurant located on Cayuga Lake, just 7 miles from Ithaca NY, home of Cornell University and the center of finger lake and all the wineries.
Executive Chef: Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Chef to oversee our casual fine dining restaurant. Must have the skills to create quality made to order cuisine for our restaurant that seats 140, while servicing our new event center. We will be hosting weddings or private events for another 150-350 people in our new event center every weekend. Chef needs to be charming while hosting tastings for Brides and Grooms or clients for upcoming events.
Passion: Demonstrates a strong interest in culinary and is devoted to delivering high quality food.
Leadership: “A leader is one who knows the way, leads by example and shows the way”. As an Executive Chef you must be able to deliver a concise vision, be hands on, build confidence, motivate staff, and inspire our team.
Educate: Build and maintain a highly engaged culinary team who can articulate and demonstrate master cooking skills.
Financial: Manage food costs, labor costs and control expenses.
Efficiency: Avoid wasting time, food, materials or money.
Cleanliness: Being aware of all sanitation regulations and adhere to the CMC Health Department standards.
Responsibilities: Oversee day to day culinary operations Thursday through Sunday Dinner only, Sunday Brunch and weddings and banquets 15-30 yearly
- Operate 2 kitchens, staff of 10+ at the height of the season
- Oversee food preparation for 140 restaurant and 300+ for events
- Ensure proper maintenance for kitchen appliances to keep in good working order
- Be able to offer dining range options from Buffet meals to 6 course wine pairing dinner
- Develop menus for Ala Carte and Banquet services
- In charge of food ordering and monthly inventory
- Prepare annual budgets and set financial goals
- Create menu pricing that support financial goals
- Establish and maintain vendor relations to ensure high quality product at the most reasonable price
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise BOH personnel
- Host weekly FOH briefings to inform wait staff of weekly specials
- Attend weekly Monday morning staff meetings with other departments
- Collaborate with Wedding Coordinators, F&B Manger, Controller and General Manager in an ongoing basis
- Report directly to the General Manager/Owner on a monthly basis to review performance
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2-year culinary degree preferred
- 5+ years in similar position with banquet and Club experience
- Safe Serve Certified
- Excel and Word savvy
- Food Cost Control and Labor Budget Knowledge
Start Date: March 2nd, 2020
Compensation: $1500.00 floor per week, salary can increase based on experience. We can also provide a housing stipend, bonuses based on gross revenue of the wedding event business.
Hours of operation: We are only open for Dinner 4 nights a week. Thursday through Sunday 5-9:30 PM and Sunday Brunch. Must be available to service all catered events, simultaneously during dinner service. This is a seasonal hotel which operated from April to December. You will be asked to take a two month hiatus.
Change your life, get out of the city and live a simpler life in beautiful wine country just 3.5 hours away from Philadelphia. Only apply if you are a balanced person who doesn’t have a substance abuse problem or rage issues. We’re building a team of amazing people and only want leaders who work well with others to join our staff.
Check us out at www.T-farms.com
Please send cover letter and resume with Subject Line: Executive Chef
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers