Donohoe Hospitality Services is always looking for the most qualified and experienced professionals in the industry. We invite you to view our current career opportunities and apply.
Donohoe Hospitality is searching for a Director of Sales & Marketing for the Homewood Suites by Hilton, a 138 guest suite extended stay hotel that is being developed at The Lake Fairfax Business Park located about one mile northeast from the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station. A project of Thompson Hospitality, the hotel is adjacent to Thompson Hospitality’s Corporate Headquarters. Designed for comfort, the hotel will include a selection of well-appointed studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites with separate living spaces designed to enable work and relaxation.
SALES DIRECTOR / DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Responsible for the daily operation of the Sales Department.
1. Establish and direct marketing and sales programs.
2. Direct and coordinate advertising program.
3. Maintain sales awareness throughout property.
4. Monitor Competition through competition surveys, site visits, etc.
5. Maintain communication with corporate marketing staff.
6. Work closely with other departments to formulate marketing ideas.
7. Develop business from travel and convention related companies, tour operators and transportation companies and e-travel sites.
8. Work daily with sales staff to review status of business, schedules, priority assignments and all information pertinent to the department operation.
9. Organize and delegate traces for follow-up.
10. Be knowledgeable and understanding of current customers and accounts particularly those corporations, agencies, associations, tour operations, sports teams who purchase hotel rooms.
11. Determine what additional business or market segments the hotel should pursue.
12. Develop hotel marketing plan.
13. Establish special packages or programs to boost occupancy during slow periods.
14. Effectively control booking space to maximize yield.
15. Responsible for making personal sales call quotas.
16. Maintain accurate sales files, production reports and trace systems.
17. Responsible for ensuring personal and staff sales goals are achieved.
18. Monitor sales staff productivity.
19. Establish annual room revenue budget, sales and marketing budget and marketing plan with GM.
20. Train sales staff and Front Office staff on new brand or hotel reservations, marketing or advertising promotions.
21. Coordinates and maintains effective relations with other departments in hotel to maintain excellent guest service and to promote programs.
22. Adhere to all work rules, procedures and polices established by the hotel, including but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
Education and Experience:
-Previous Hotel Sales Experience.
-Previous Supervisory Experience.
Skills and Abilities:
-Excellent oral and written communication skills.
-Strong organizational skills.
-Excellent listening skills.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities