Professional engineering and technical consulting firm, a Florida-based company with an office in Herndon, VA, specializing in issues related to counter terrorism and preparedness response operations and national security is currently looking to hire a research assistant. The position will be a full-time entry level contract position with a salary of $40 – 50K depending on education and experience.
QR Code Link to This Post
This position will require strong note taking, research, writing, technical editing, problem solving, organization and ability to multi-task. The Research Assistant responsibilities will include note taking, researching, writing, technical editing, meeting support, administrative support including assisting President of company with personal errands, and other duties as assigned.
The position will provide technical support in areas of defense policy, counter-terrorism, public health, and homeland security.
• BA or BS degree in political science, operations research, strategic or security studies, engineering, or related technical field preferred
• 1 or more years of experience in similar areas of experience preferred
• Outstanding interpersonal and organization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent note taking skill
• Ability to conduct research of literature on variety of topics
• Ability to analyze and synthesize results of research into conclusions
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs
• U.S. Citizen
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• 1 year minimum commitment
Please submit a resume, cover letter, references, and a short writing sample (5 pages or less). A successful completion of a background investigation is required for the position.