• Conduct initial oral screenings
QR Code Link to This Post
• Sterilize dental instruments properly
• Patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse
• Take dental x-rays
• Remove calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth
• Apply preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides)
• Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
• Counsel patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
• Take impressions of patients' teeth.
• Perform documentation and office management activities
• Familiar with Dentrix
• Maintain dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintain documentation and charts on each patient.