compensation: Compensation will be based on prior experience and qualifications. Please email your resume and salary requirements. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Very busy medical/surgical practice in Annandale, VA seeking Flexible Full Time Certified Medical Assistant who will be required to work in our Rockville Satellite Office once a week and who is highly:
• detail oriented
Certified Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision, assists physicians and physician assistant with patient care duties in a clinical environment. Promotes efficient patient flow and patient care, i.e. exams, and procedures. Performs clinic support tasks including miscellaneous clerical tasks, assures the completeness of ordered procedures and treatments, instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders are carried out accurately and in a timely manner, answering phones, and maintaining physicians’ schedule. Other duties include securing medical records; maintaining medical supplies inventory; performing preventive maintenance to keep equipment operating; cleaning exam rooms and instruments as needed.
Certified Medical Assistant Job Duties:
• Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
• Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
• Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
• Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
• Schedules patient tests, procedures and hospital admissions and schedules appointments to follow-up on test results, as applicable.
• Answers patient telephone calls for questions to physicians or physician assistant.
• Performs patient call backs as required or directed by physicians and Phones in prescriptions.
• Arranges for pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as needed.
• Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; keeping patient information confidential.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Serves and protects practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
Certified Medical Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Focus and Good Bedside Manner, Verbal Communication, Medical Teamwork and Professionalism, Organization, Supply Management, Creating a Safe and Effective Environment, Scheduling, Confidentiality, Computer Literate, Medical Terminology, EMR Experience, Typing Knowledge
Certified Medical Assistant Requirements:
• Minimum of 3 year experience in direct patient care as a CMA in a surgical office preferred
• Must be currently certified through a national credentialing agency such as NCCT or AAMA
• Reliable transportation is required to travel to our Rockville Satellite Office when needed
• Ability to be flexible with hours throughout the work week
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting
• Strong commitment to patient care and privacy guidelines
• Must be well-versed in sterile technique
• Prior EMR experience strongly preferred
• Fluency in a second language a plus
• Excellent prior work references
Compensation will be based on prior experience and qualifications. Please email your resume and salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers