Physician practice seeking an experienced Medical Assistant to assist primary care providers.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a large group practice specializing in Pulmonary, Internal Medicine, Urgent Care, Sleep Medicine, Allergy and Sports Medicine. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Responsibilities include (training provided):
- Patient intake including health history
- Obtaining vital signs
- Performing EKGs
- Strep and flu tests
- Assisting providers in daily workflow
- Reviewing and indexing incoming clinical information into the EMR
- Processing prescription refills and prior authorizations
- Responding to clinical phone messages and scheduling patients
- Other duties as assigned
Strong knowledge of medical terminology and previous use of electronic medical records required; experience with Athena a plus. The desirable candidate will be able to learn quickly and possess a strong work ethic. Must be caring in nature and sensitive to the needs of all patients. Being part of a team, must be able to interface well with physicians and co-workers alike. Ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. CPR certification preferred. Training for responsibilities specific to our medical group will be provided.