Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice Management Company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide.
QR Code Link to This Post
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Newborn Hearing Screen Technician to work on a part time basis. Positions are based in a busy Newborn Nursery / NICU hospital setting at Inova Loudoun Hospital. This part time position will enable the right person to work up to 20 hours per week. Our program operates 7 days a week 365 days a year. Schedules will be determined a month in advance and will include weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS PART TIME POSITION:
• Perform newborn hearing screening on all infants in the nursery and NICU prior to discharge from the hospital and provide screening results to parents
• The technician is responsible for performing all hearing screens with AABR certified equipment.
• The technician is responsible for answering general questions and inquiries as well as providing written information to the parents regarding the hearing screen procedures and results.
• The technician will obtain and document consent, to perform the hearing screen, from parent prior to screening.
• The technician shall verify the following prior to screening: infant’s name, mother’s name, mother’s date of birth, parents’ insurance, demographic information, family history of hearing loss, and name of Pediatrician (if applicable).
• The technician will give the parent(s) a copy of the result form and place the original copy in the infant’s medical record.
• The technician will keep Supervisor informed of operational issues requiring immediate intervention.
• Interact and develop relationships with hospital personnel to ensure effective level of communication.
• The technician will adhere to all HIPAA, PHI and OSHA guidelines.
• Performs clerical duties as assigned.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on program needs, including weekdays, weekends and holiday shifts, if needed.
Successful candidates must have the following experience in order to be considered:
• Able to work part time up to 20 hours a week
• Open availability to work both weekends and holidays
• Be customer service focused
• Familiar with medical terminology
• Possess basic computer skills
• Have the ability to learn and operate hearing screen equipment
• Possess strong organizational skills and be highly attentive to detail
• Communicate and work well independently as well as in a team environment
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 1 or more years of healthcare related experience preferred
• BLS/CPR Certification- Company will provide upon the agreement of job offer.
To be considered, candidates must submit verifiable prior employment for the past seven years including title, dates of hire and salary history and will be subject to a criminal background check. Education is also verified. Patient interfacing candidates will be subject to a drug screening.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services are Equal Opportunity Employers.