Medical Receptionist Job Description
Attend to patients and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. Supply information regarding the practice and procedures to the patients.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet patient upon arrival, sign them in obtain insurance information and any other necessary data.
• Answer high volume of telephone calls, ability to screen and direct calls appropriately.
• Take and relay messages
• Provide patients with new patient forms, copies of medical procedures consents, copies of pre and post op
procedure information to patients.
• Direct patients to the correct destination
• Deal with queries from the patients.
• Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization
• Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
• Responsible for registration of patients, entering correct insurance data into the EMC
• Process payments from patients for copays, uninsured visits and out of pocket patient responsibility
• Check in and out patients in a timely manner.
• Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients based on physician availability as well as physician
• Provide general administrative and clerical support.
• Prepare correspondence and documents
• Receive and sort mail and deliveries
• Schedule appointments, scan documents
• Maintain appointment diary electronically.
• Monitor and maintain office equipment.
• Ability to protect patients PHI and dispose of PHI accordingly
• Tidy and maintain the reception area.
• Ability to have knowledge of, organize and prioritize work effectively to meet the set goals, deadlines and
objectives of the position.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma required
• 3+ years of customer service and medical office receptionist experience
• Knowledge of computers and Electronic Medical Records
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• Ability to multitask, provide good judgement when problem solving
• English language written and verbal fluency
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance
• Requires skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgement, discretion, and decision-making to
optimally achieve the goals of the position.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, physicians, leadership
staff, patients, and the public.
• Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
• Professional personal presentation
• Customer service orientation
• Information management
• Organizing and planning
• Great attention to detail
• Stress tolerance
• Ability to sit for extended period of hours, 8 hours or more.
• Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
• Ability to do strenuous repetitive movements
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers