ElJay Services is seeking dedicated members to help facilitate moves in the Northern Virginia area.
The company will begin scheduling moves December 2, 2019. It will be a cold start, with intentions of building a strong team for an easy transition to the warmer months. If interested in being apart of the up and coming highly motivated company, please feel free to contact the owner at ElJayService@gmail.com. We look forward to building together!
Details and requirements of the position are listed below.
￼Assists in loading furniture into van and unloading furniture by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
• Wraps furniture with blankets to prevent damage.
• Wraps dishes and fragile items in packing paper.
• Pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
• Delivers and stacks shipment on customer’s premises.
• Must have knowledge of furniture and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures.
• Must wear uniforms acceptable to ElJay Services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build
knowledge and skills.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to
customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team
spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Must be 18 years of age.
At least 6 months of moving experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers