QR Code Link to This Post
As one of the nations largest legal staffing providers, Hire Counsel is seeking experienced a Courtroom Presentation Specialist who is interested in a career supporting the Federal Government in Rosslyn, VA.Security clearance is required and successful applicants must be willing to apply for clearance through the sub-contractor. This process can take several months.
- Anticipated start date: As soon as a clearance application is complete
- Estimated duration: Long Term
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Rosslyn, VA
- Pay rate: $40.60 + $4.54 H&W
The position will work on the following tasks with others as needed:
- Works with the trial team, including expert witnesses, to develop plans for trial or hearings using a courtroom presentation system.
- Prepares exhibit images for particular uses (e.g. zooming in on or highlighting a particular paragraph, or setting up two exhibits side by side on the screen).
- Develops simple graphic images/exhibits using standard off-the-shelf software packages.
- Advises attorneys on the effectiveness of certain exhibits or sequences of exhibits. Is responsible for the smooth operation of the presentation system in the courtroom.
- Digitizes audio and video clips.
- Synchronizes clips with written transcripts.
- Note that, for most trials, even including most large trials, we expect that the Courtroom Presentation Specialist will be the only contractor staff member needed to work with the attorneys in preparing for trial and in presenting materials in the courtroom. The Courtroom Presentation Specialist needs to be a "jack-of-all-trades" capable of performing all trial and courtroom support functions, including equipment set up and troubleshooting, scripting, advising on graphics presentations, and courtroom operation of equipment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
- Must be familiar with standard courtroom presentation packages such as Trial Director and Sanction.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member in an extremely pressured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a trial team through the entire pretrial and trial cycle, identifying and scanning exhibits, scripting with the attorneys, setting up the courtroom, operating and troubleshooting the system in the courtroom.
- Must be able to travel for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work long hours for an extended period of time.
- Trial experience required.
- Desired skills: familiarity with standard litigation support applications (e.g., Relativity, iConect, CaseMap, etc).
Why work with Hire Counsel?
Hire Counsel works exclusively with the legal sector and is recognized as a national leader in legal staffing. With over 32 years of experience, we are proud to have been recognized with these 2018 industry awards:
- Best Legal Staffing Provider USA (CV Magazine)
- Best Staffing Providers for Legal/Litigation Staffing (The Recorder)
- Best of Legal Recruiters (Corporate Counsel)
- Best Professional Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- Best Executive Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- 100 Leading Legal Consultants and Strategists (Lawdragon)
For more information about our benefits and opportunities, visit www.hirecounsel.com