QR Code Link to This Post
As one of the nations largest legal staffing providers, Hire Counsel is seeking experienced Forensic Technician who are interested in a career supporting the Federal Government in DC.Security clearance is required and successful applicants must be willing to apply for clearance through the sub-contractor. This process can take several months.
- Anticipated start date: As soon as a clearance application is complete
- Estimated duration: Long Term
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Rosslyn, VA
- Pay rate: $31.55 + $4.54 H&W
The position will work on the following tasks with others as needed:
- An entry level technician position expected to work under direct supervision to provide forensic data acquisition, collection/capture of electronically stored information (ESI), and seizure of Windows-based desktop/laptop computer systems, mobile devices, and related digital storage media, documentation and reporting for investigations and litigations or digital evidence handling, preservation, and storage.
- Responsible for working non- complex digital forensics examinations through the data acquisition, examination, and disposition phases under direct supervision.
- Uses knowledge and experience of Windows-based computer technologies and forensic theories to conduct forensic examinations with the goal of developing forensically sound evidence.
- Utilizes industry accepted forensic tools such as EnCase, FTK, and Cellebrite.
- Prepares clear and comprehensive notes and reports of findings.
- Provides written communications concerning results of examinations.
- Ensures proper precautions are taken in the preservation and prevention of spoliation of electronic evidence
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, preferred currently enrolled in college courses in Digital Forensic Science, Computer Science/ Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Criminal Justice, or a related field and one or more years work experience in computer hardware, network administration, or cyber-crime investigations.
- Must able to attain at least 1 of the following certifications: EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), Cellebrite Certified Mobile Examiner (CCME) Certification (CCME), or similar vendor specific certification within 12 months of hiring.
- Experience in forensic data collection and processing of Windows-based desktop and laptop computer systems.
- Must be able to use forensic tools such as EnCase Forensic, Forensic Toolkit, Cellebrite UFED, etc. under supervision.
- Must have demonstrated experience in dead box data acquisition methodologies.
- Must be able to perform entry-level data collection and processing under direct supervision.
- Must knowledge of the Federal Rules of Evidence (FRE) as they apply to electronic evidence.
- Must be able to prepare affidavits and declarations under direct supervision.
- Must have ability to manage 1 collection or processing project at a time.
- Moderate travel required
Why work with Hire Counsel?
Hire Counsel works exclusively with the legal sector and is recognized as a national leader in legal staffing. With over 32 years of experience, we are proud to have been recognized with these 2018 industry awards:
- Best Legal Staffing Provider USA (CV Magazine)
- Best Staffing Providers for Legal/Litigation Staffing (The Recorder)
- Best of Legal Recruiters (Corporate Counsel)
- Best Professional Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- Best Executive Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- 100 Leading Legal Consultants and Strategists (Lawdragon)
For more information about our benefits and opportunities, visit www.hirecounsel.com