QR Code Link to This Post
As one of the nations largest legal staffing providers, Hire Counsel is seeking experienced Help Desk Supervisor who are interested in a career supporting the Federal Government to provide clerical, administrative and receptionist support at two U.S. Attorney offices in Rosslyn, VA.Security clearance is required and successful applicants must be willing to apply for clearance through the sub-contractor. This process can take several months.
- Anticipated start date: As soon as a clearance application is complete
- Estimated duration: Long Term
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Rosslyn, VA
- Pay rate: Competitive Market Rate
The position will work on the following tasks with others as needed:
- Usually reports to Help Desk Supervisor/Senior User Trainer or Application Manager.
- Assists in setting up and operating end user support program for major applications in support of specific projects.
- Sets up overall user training programs, particularly for complex applications such as groupware and workflow packages which require active on-going training and support to ensure that they are being used effectively, but also for litigation support and office automation applications.
- Develops training course outlines and agendas.
- Establishes training facilities and schedules.
- May supervise work of teams of user support staff, such as help desk staff.
- Organizes, prepares, schedules and conducts training sessions.
- Training will most often be user-level training for specific databases or specific software packages, including word processing and other office automation packages, but may sometimes also include team building training, contract/document center orientations, etc.
- Audience may include attorneys, paralegals, Government Case Managers, client agency staff, and/or other Contractor employees.
- Prepares training approach and materials.
- Arranges for use of training facilities, for access to appropriate applications, etc.
- Performs help desk functions - answering and responding to user phone calls, installing and troubleshooting litigation support packages on user desktops, and coordinating support with office automation support contractors and staff
- At least two years of experience involving teaching/training users in computer applications, preferably database, imaging, or other automated litigation support applications will generally be expected.
- At least one year must be experience with the specific applications being supported.
- Supervisory experience helpful. Must have hands-on familiarity with the network, telecommunications, and operating systems environment of the applications being supported.
- Experience with DOJ office automation environments extremely helpful.
- Should be an expert user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, and email systems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred
Why work with Hire Counsel?
Hire Counsel works exclusively with the legal sector and is recognized as a national leader in legal staffing. With over 32 years of experience, we are proud to have been recognized with these 2018 industry awards:
- Best Legal Staffing Provider USA (CV Magazine)
- Best Staffing Providers for Legal/Litigation Staffing (The Recorder)
- Best of Legal Recruiters (Corporate Counsel)
- Best Professional Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- Best Executive Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- 100 Leading Legal Consultants and Strategists (Lawdragon)
For more information about our benefits and opportunities, visit www.hirecounsel.com