compensation: range: $57,000 - $70,000 per year employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
LSNV is the largest legal aid organization in Virginia, with 40+ attorneys spanning 7 offices. We help thousands of clients each year in civil legal matters, while cultivating relationships with community service organizations, local law firms, pro bono attorneys, and local bar associations to serve the region’s low-income and neediest populations.
LSNV is seeking to hire a full-time Staff Attorney to represent victims of crime in various civil cases, including protective orders, family law matters, and other civil cases arising out of the victimization. Further, the position will focus on recruiting, training, and mentoring pro bono volunteers; and engage in outreach to – and education for – under-represented communities including people with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ individuals, or victims of substance abuse. This position will be primarily based in LSNV’s Arlington Office and is funded by the VOCA grant.
Essential Functions (include but are not limited to):
• Maintain full and diverse caseload
• Conduct outreach and community legal education
• Attend office and other program meetings and read professional materials and other communications which are related to the job
• Develop relationships with other community partners
• Recruit and mentor pro bono attorneys
• Responsible for guardianships and other family law matters
• Maintain general knowledge of substantive area
The ideal applicant will possess a demonstrated commitment to public interest work and a strong desire to assist indigent applicants. Further, the ideal candidate will have the following:
• Virginia State Bar membership (required)
• Prior legal aid or other non-profit experience
• Strong litigation, communication, and organizational skills
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Bilingual ability (English plus Spanish, Amharic, and/or other African languages) (strongly preferred)
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience based on legal aid pay scale (range: $57,000 - $70,000 per year). Excellent benefits package that includes possible loan repayment assistance (of up to $5,000 per year); generous vacation and sick leave; and health, disability, and life insurance coverages.
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and well-qualified applicants will be invited to interview. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, at which time, the job announcement will be removed from our website at www.lsnv.org. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position to Ashley McGlawn, HR Manager at email@example.com.
LSNV is committed to creating a safe, welcoming, and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, or veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities