compensation: Benefits: • Commensurate with experience • Vacation/Sick (2 wks/5 days after 1 year) • Medical/Dental/Vision (60% paid by employer) • 401K after 1 year and next enrollment period * Year end bonus potential 8-11% of salary employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
About FD Associates, Inc.
FD Associates, Inc. is a small consulting firm specializing in export compliance licensing and compliance to client companies from the defense, aerospace, electronics, space, cybersecurity, encryption, computers, industrial, scientific, and medical. Established in 1990, FD Associates is well regarded within the industry for and with the regulatory agencies for its support to small and medium-sized companies, both U.S. and foreign, in fulfilling their needs for export licensing, export license exemptions and exceptions, establishing compliance programs, training and auditing, and development of voluntary disclosures to various government agencies. In addition to this work, FD Associates supports clients and law firms with filings related to ATF, CFIUS transactions, customs seizures, the U.S. Canada Joint Certification Program, DFARS Cybersecurity compliance, HTS and Schedule B Classification, and ACE account requirements for filing EEI. FD Associates prides itself on its responsiveness to clients, the government and delivering high-quality work products.
FD Associates seeks a candidate to fulfill the role of Senior Licensing Associate to support its client base with ITAR, EAR and ATF licensing requirements and the use of ITAR License Exemptions and EAR License Exceptions for hardware, software, technical data, and technology. The role requires the Senior Licensing Associate to work with clients from a broad range of U.S. Munitions List and Commerce Control List categories and explore the transactional needs of the client requirement, prepare export licensing, or advise on the potential use of license exemptions/exceptions, advocate and monitor license applications through the regulatory review process and assist the client with making the export. More complex licensing such as State Department Technical Assistance Agreements and Manufacturing License Agreements or Commerce Department Technology Licenses and foreign national employment licenses with both agencies are part of the job.
All licensing requires the senior licensing associate to use their skills in Export Jurisdiction and Export Classification analysis.
Introductory export compliance training for clients and support to clients from a compliance perspective are part of the responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 5-7 years related work experience directly in positions responsible for ITAR, EAR export licensing
• US person mandatory due to access to export-controlled information
• Background in export/import regulations – ITAR & EAR required
• ATF, FTR, OFAC, FCPA, Customs – preferred
• Strong writing, communication, training, and research skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with general guidance and as a team player.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities among a wide array of projects.
• Sound judgment, professional demeanor, good work ethic, and business acumen
• Strong MS Product skills required.
• Working knowledge of export regulations referenced required.
• Position is on site at our Northern Virginia office
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers