compensation: Must provide desired salary range when submitting resume. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
• Intellectual property law firm in Tysons, VA is seeking a Patent Prosecution Specialist. Duties include reviewing, processing and filing patent application documents to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Understanding of the patent application process and procedures is preferred.
• This position is non-exempt, full-time. It requires flexibility to work additional hours during busy times.
• The Patent Prosecution Specialist reports to the Patent Prosecution Manager.
Areas of Responsibility
Projected Duties and Responsibilities
• Filing and reporting Information Disclosure Statements as well as generating the invoices for fees and services associated with filing
• Review and forwarding filing receipts
• Forwarding Notice of Publications
• Reporting Office Action
• Assist with New Application Filing
• File Change of Assignee documents
• Highly detail-oriented individual possessing organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player while multi-tasking in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
• Ability to fully adhere to firm confidentiality standards
• Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift 20 lbs
• One to two years of experience in professional environment.
• Previous patent prosecution support experience preferred.
Knowledge and Expertise Required
• Knowledge of and experience with general office software such as Microsoft Office and general equipment
• Proven attention to detail, including neatness, accuracy, and organizational ability.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers