Hello parents of rising 7th and 8th graders:
QR Code Link to This Post
We are two former TJHSST graduates with extensive teaching and tutoring experience working with middle school, high school, and college students. Over the years we have had great success preparing students for admission into the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST).
One of us is a current teacher in FCPS, a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University, and has 14 years of teaching and tutoring experience. The other is a former FCPS teacher, a graduate of the University of Virginia, and has 15 years of teaching and tutoring experience.
It looks like the Coronavirus will keep our schools closed for the next several weeks. If you would like to use this time to make sure that your child gets ahead in their studies rather than falling behind, we are here to help.
From now until June 1, we will be offering online TJ Prep to rising 7th and 8th grade students. Here are the basics:
- All tutoring will be done online
- Your choice of 1-on-1 or groups of 2-3 students
- All aspects of the test will be covered: Math, Science, and Reading
- We will provide your child with a document camera so we can see what they are writing
- We will teleconference via Zoom
- We will provide resources, materials, and assignments for your child to complete
- Choose the length of the course: 10, 20, or 30 hours
We have run this program before with great success. This year we are adapting to the circumstances and want to help your student make the most of this time.
If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you!