PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assist in receiving, storing, issuing and delivering of goods, tools and supplies, maintaining inventory control and performing required transactions.
HS Diploma or GED
Valid Virginia Driver’s License
- Some knowledge of basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner.
- Experience: handling, storing, and shipping materials or supplies; operating material handling equipment (MHE) is preferred; accessing information on a computer; reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to perform but not limited to: be trained on the operation MHE; bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds; stand and walk continuously throughout an 8 hour shift; work in dusty and dirty conditions
- Ability to work overtime with little to no notice
- Ability to make pick-ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials using a company van/truck; clean and maintain a safe working environment.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Shipping and receiving:
- Receives and unloads freight both manually and with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order
- Verifies items received with purchase order
- Delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas; may assist with maintaining MHE equipment.
- Must be able to use both FedEx and UPS shipping software, as well as fill out bills of lading used and required by the major freight carriers.
Inventory maintenance and clerical:
- Participates in physical inventories of warehouse;
- Operates a personal computer to access, enter, and correct information
- Answers phones to schedule pickups / deliveries
- Assist with cycle counting and other inventory duties not listed.
- Use of a company van for pick-up and delivery of equipment.
- Work performed in a combination of shop and office environments.
- Exposed to shop elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, odors, fumes, and grease. May be exposed to slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
- Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching; heavy lifting and carrying.
- Work both outside and inside; work around moving objects and vehicles; work on ladders and scaffolding.
Will be required to work overtime on short notice and to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers