POSITION: Shipping and Receiving (S&R) Specialist
QR Code Link to This Post
We are NCS Technologies, a growing innovator, manufacturer, and integrator of a wide range of computing devices for enterprises of all sizes locating in Gainesville, VA. We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving Specialists to join our growing logistics team.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The S&R specialist will be responsible for working and collaborating with other team members to receive, store, issue, and deliver goods, tools and supplies, maintain inventory control, and perform required inventory transactions.
· Receive and unload freight both manually and with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
· Inspect the condition of goods upon their arrival and record any damage on the bill of lading or reject the goods outright
· Verify the type and quantity of items in each shipment against their purchase orders
· Document the quantities received and the condition of goods on the bills of lading or packing lists (or a printed copy of our POs if no shipping documents accompanied the shipment) and ensure that they are passed on to Accounting
· Deliver and retrieve goods to and from work or storage areas
· Accurately record transactions (e.g., goods receipts, delivery tickets, inventory issues and transfers) in our accounting system
· Operate both FedEx and UPS shipping software to fill out bills of lading for each shipment. For other freight carriers, their bills of lading may need to be filled out manually or with typical office automation software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
· Place calls and answer phones to schedule and coordinate pickups/deliveries
· Participate in physical inventory count when required
· Assist when requested to help maintain materials handling equipment (MHE)
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
· Drive a company van for pick-up and delivery of goods
· Work in both shop and office environments
· Withstand exposure to shop elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, odors, fumes, and grease. May also be exposed to slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
· Walk, stand, climb, stoop, bend, kneel, reach, lift heavy objects and carry them repeatedly throughout the work day
· Work indoors but occasionally outdoors, work around moving objects and vehicles, and work on ladders and scaffolding.
· HS Diploma or GED
· Valid Virginia, DC or MD Driver’s License (without a bad driving record that might cause our insurance company to deny coverage for you to drive our vehicles)
· Prior experience with shipping, receiving, and warehouse operations preferred but not mandatory
· Experience driving a forklift and electric pallet jack is a plus