Custom Metals of Virginia located in Manassas Virginia is looking for career oriented and driven individuals for the following positions in our fabrication shop: Mechanic to start immediately
QR Code Link to This Post
Custom Metals of Virginia a leading fabricator and installer dealing with all aspects of ornamental metals and commercial kitchen equipment for the past 25 yrs.
1) Fabricates and assembles custom metal products for residential and commercial according to job order, verbal instructions, and blueprints: Develops layout and plans sequence of operations, stock allowances for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and physical properties of metal.
2) Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto workpiece.
3) Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
4) Designs and constructs templates and fixtures.
5) Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
6) May fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
7) May set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
2-3+ years of sheet metal fabrication experience
2-3+ years of experience working with metal forming equipment, machinery, and tools
High School Diploma/ GED
Strong shop math skills
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
Ability to lift up to 45-pounds unassisted
Shop/Fabrication: must be able to read blue prints and drawings, experience in metal fabrication is also essential, layout mechanic, press break, shear, drill press, laserjet, waterjet, welding (TIG), cutting metals, assemble equipment, etc
Apply Today and Start Tomorrow. Must have valid drivers license with copy of driving record.
Benefits: Health Insurance/401k/vacation for full time. Salary based on experience/negotiable.
, serving Virginia, DC and Maryland area
Located in Manassas VA