Apply directly on our company website: careers.ttm.com
Working within a high-production manufacturing environment, the Chemical Maintenance Technician obtains chemical samples, completes chemical analysis, adjusts chemical baths, follows formulas to mix new chemical baths, and drains chemicals according to environmental and organizational hazardous waste standards. The Technician is responsible for maintaining hardcopy and electronic chemical records.
Extensive training is provided to safely and correctly work with and analyze chemicals. The Chemical Maintenance Technician will be exposed to chemicals and hazardous materials and will participate in chemical handling training and continued safety trainings. The Technician will be provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and will be expected to follow all safety protocols.
Training for this position will be done on 1st shift (Mon-Fri) for approximately 2-months prior to moving to the hired shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Following daily and weekly processing schedules, obtain chemical samples from the manufacturing floor.
• Perform analysis of chemical samples using laboratory equipment, including burettes, pipettes, pH/ion meters, atomic absorption spectrophotometer, laboratory balance, hydrometers, hull cells, and CVS.
• Update and maintain hardcopy lab records as well as enter data into the TruChem electronic system.
• Make adjustments to chemical baths in order to maintain proper formulary standards.
• Drain chemical baths and partner with the waste treatment department to correctly dispose.
• Obtain chemicals from the storage area in order to mix new chemical baths.
• Follow all safety training and procedures as directed by the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), chemical handling, and hazardous waste.
• Responsible for immediately reporting all accidents, near misses, and safety concerns.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
• Strong attention-to-detail and capable of understanding standard chemical formulas.
• Experience or ability to learn how to operate standard laboratory equipment.
• General computer skills and comfortable entering data into electronic systems.
• Able to lift and pull up to 50 pounds without strain. Able to obtain material from shelving and to use a hand truck to move large chemical barrels.
• Strong organizational skills, able to work independently and follow the departmental chemical processing schedule.
• Consistently meet attendance requirements.
• Able to read, write, and communicate in English to the degree necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Associates degree strongly preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years of chemical handling or manufacturing experience preferred.
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers