compensation: 20-25/hr + OT + Full Benefits Package employment type: full-time relocation assistance available
QR Code Link to This Post
TECHNICIAN - Power Products – STERLING, VA
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for hands-on field service work at customer sites, with a focus on installation of components and subassemblies, wiring, and basic commissioning of IEM equipment primarily in data center or industrial applications.
• Installation and modification of mechanical components and subassemblies of panel board interiors, circuit breakers, bus bar, doors and subpanels, Perform basic testing of modified assemblies (visual, ductor, etc.).
• Installation and modification of electrical/control components, including wiring. Perform basic testing (continuity checks, initial power up)
• Coordinate with Field Project Manager and/or manufacturing facilities to find solutions to product or commissioning issues identified by IEM or reported by the customer in the field
• Work with the Field Project Manager to identify if additional field resources will be needed
• Perform equipment inspections upon arrival and after installation; document deficiencies
• Perform preventive maintenance, field installations and modifications
• A technical/vocational degree or equivalent and a minimum 1 yr. of experience working in a manufacturing environment or field service role with a focus on POWER PRODUCTS.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. The majority of work is expected to be within (50) miles of Sterling, VA, but domestic or travel internationally may occasionally be required. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
• Must have a Good Driving Record
• Must be a team player and have strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision is a must
• A PLUS: Ability to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings .Familiarity with lock out tag out procedures involving multiple power sources
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers