I teach piano, voice, guitar, bass, steelpan. I can help you design YOUR custom lessons to just cover the topics you care about, or provide a formal course.
You can learn how to:
• Play by ear, read sheet music or chord notation;
• Understand your vocal range and how to transpose to suit your voice;
• Find melodies for your lyrics and rhymes;
• Harmonize your melodies while learning chord progressions and theory;
• Develop and notate your own arrangements, using inversions, chord substitutions, voicings, basslines;
• Sing on pitch, develop your tone and breath control, improve enunciation, with accent reduction if you want it;
• Record, mix and master music on a home computer.
‣ College teaching experience;
‣ Bachelor's degree and university symphony and chamber orchestra experience;
‣ Experience as a church music director, also organizing children's music.
‣ Multilingual skills, so I'm glad to teach in Spanish, German or French, no extra charge, and I can meet you halfway in Mandarin.
I'm available to teach adults or kids, in small groups or one-on-one. I encourage a parent and child to take lessons together, no extra charge... music is a great family activity!
I also perform as a pianist, doing solo cocktail piano, piano bar singalongs, or in duos or combos with any of several female vocalists, horns (sax, trombone, trumpet) and light percussion. I'm glad to accompany you for performances, too.
You can take lessons in studio or at your home (may be an additional fee based on your location).
If music is important to you, take a moment to write down your goals. Please let me know about you, what you want to be able to do, and when and how much time you have to learn. Let me know some songs or styles you'd like to learn, or send youtube links and I'll teach you the music YOU want to learn.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers