The Customer Service and Data Specialist acts as an external-facing representative of NSPE’s Membership Department to provide exemplary customer service and support. This position delivers precise information regarding the services, products, and materials NSPE offers in a variety of capacities—including but not limited to fielding external inquiries, troubleshooting problems, and analyzing customer information.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, or communications, and 1-2 years’ experience in associations, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent oral communication and business writing skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to present a professional first impression of the organization
through phone presentation and in-person greeting.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks successfully.
• Good marketing skills – knowledge of all products and services, delivery options, and alternative solutions to
• Strong computer application skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and AMS/database systems.
• Knowledge of database research and reporting, and internet research.
• Ability to work well within a team environment and independently to achieve individual and department
goals, adapting quickly to changes in priorities and responsibilities.
• Effective negotiation skills to effectively transact business with members, candidates, certification holders,
employers, government agencies, staff and the general public.
• Effective analytical skills and problem-solving skills, which includes identifying potential problems and
• Acts as the primary representative of the Association in providing prompt, accurate, and quality services to
all customers whether members, candidates, certification holders, employers, government agencies, staff,
vendors or the general public.
• Handles all incoming customer services phone calls, written correspondence, and electronic requests,
ensuring courteous and professional responses within designated timeframe.
• Request types include but are not limited to: customer status, billing and payment questions, product
selection, certification sales, regulatory requirements, conditions of employment, new customer registration,
online portal access, test scheduling and rescheduling, experience documentation best practices, continuing
professional development, and work flow status.
• Process customer payments over the phone.
• Generate invoices as needed.
• Understand and follow customer/stakeholder security and privacy procedures.
• Assists in maintaining accurate and reliable data in multiple customer databases, keeping all stakeholders
informed of changes.
• Interface with Customer Service Lead and database manager on data integrity, reporting, and ad hoc reports
• Maintains working knowledge of all programs, products, and services through constant communications with
• All other duties as assigned.
Please provide a cover letter and salary expectations upon submitting your resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers