Full Time Counselor/Therapist - Special Education (Annandale, Virginia)
Braddock near Backlick Road
compensation: Competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit package, tuition reimbursement and professional development offered employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
PHILLIPS School ~ Annandale is a Blue Ribbon private special education day school for children with learning and behavioral differences has an opening for a Counselor/Therapist. Our students require committed, dedicated staff that want to work in a supportive, collaborative and dynamic environment. PHILLIPS is a place where you can make a difference in the lives of children and families!
Serious candidates should have the following:
*Clinical Master’s level State license in one of the following areas:
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW-C
- Licensed Professional Counselor LCPC
*Experience working in the special needs environment (emotional and behavioral needs)
*Experience with individual, group, and family therapy required.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
* Develops developmentally appropriate group curriculum for PHILLIPS students.
* Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary education team working with assigned students, and serves as a resource for counseling materials and techniques
* Assists in the development of individualized educational/behavioral programming for some students with the educational treatment team.
* Assists with staff training as needed
* Provides group counseling to all PHILLIPS ~Annandale students.
* Maintains filed for all assigned students and families on caseload with documentation as required.
* Provides crisis support for students as needed.
* Writes reports and other documentation associated with the position in an inclusive articulate manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Maintains professional credentials and state-required continuing education units in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
If you feel you qualify and can show proven history with our type of population, please submit an application online at www.PHILLIPSprograms.org or email/send your cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
7010 Braddock Road
Annandale, VA 22003
Phillips Programs is an equal opportunity employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers