Resumes are currently being accepted for this supervisory position within PHILLIPS Programs ~ Laurel Campus. The Laurel School Clinical Services Supervisor, reporting to the Program Director, will be responsible for supervision and administration of related services provided to students. The program is a 75 pupil campus for students with emotional & behavior problems, learning disabilities and other school challenges.
Key areas of responsibility to include:
Supervises the Related Services departments to include:
Counseling, Speech and Language, and Occupational Therapy
- Monitors and manages the delivery of service hours provided by all related service providers
- Coordinates staff professional development around the understanding of issues concerning students with disabilities
- Represents all related service providers on the school administration team
- Represents the school in outside meetings as appropriate
* Masters degree in education or special education strongly preferred.
* Masters degree in related fields, such as counseling, social work, psychology or non-profit management, will be considered.
* LCSW-C or LCPC certification required
* Significant professional experience within a special education school
* 5+ years supervising educators, social workers or other professional staff engaged with emotionally & behaviorally challenged students.
* Non-public special education school management and administration experience preferred.
* Creativity and skill in developing innovative approaches to service delivery
* Commitment to families and to forging meaningful partnerships with parents to help their children succeed in school
* Profound respect for the cultures of others, and ability to promote a culturally-affirming atmosphere within the school
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Conscientious, detailed orientation toward administrative work
* Demonstrated knowledge of federal education law, and applicability of IDEA and NCLB within a Maryland special education program
* Working knowledge of MSDE and OSSE regulations
Apply with resume and letter of interest to:
PHILLIPS Programs Attn: Program Director
8920 Whiskey Bottom Road
Laurel, MD 20723
Apply online at www.phillipsprograms.org/careers
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers