Administrative Assistant - Accounting Firm (Old Town Alexandria)
compensation: $20/hour base + performance bonus employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Ross & Moncure is a public accounting firm specializing in the taxation of small and medium-sized business enterprises (SMEs), high-net-worth individuals, multinational individuals, non-immigrant visa holders, freelancers and contractors, and the US operations of foreign corporations. The firm provides tax planning and preparation services, highly-customized Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services, and reporting and consulting services relating to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and cross-border compliance requirements.
Ross & Moncure is looking for a temporary employee to help to manage the running of the office, and to liaise with clients as needed. This position would run from 4 January (flexible) to the final week of April. In the past, successful temporary employees have been offered full-time positions in April.
Preference will be given to candidates with excellent computer skills who have an interest in learning more about the firm's work and growing internally. This position is on-site in Alexandria, but due to COVID, in-person interactions with colleagues and clients will be highly limited and the workstation is socially distanced from other employees in the building.
Please find general year-round hours below, though these hours are entirely subject to workload.
- Slow season (1 June to 31 January): 8:30AM - 5:30PM on weekdays
- Early tax season (1 February to 28 February): 8:30AM - 6:30PM on weekdays and 9:30AM to 5:00PM on Saturdays
- Late tax season (1 March to 15 April): 8:30AM - 7PM on weekdays and 9:30AM to 6:00PM on Saturdays
- Post season (17 April to 31 May): 8:30AM - 5:00PM on weekdays
Please note that during tax season (the first week of February through the second week of April), all Ross & Moncure employees and contractors are expected to work on Saturdays. Lunch will be provided by the firm on these Saturdays. The firm also regularly purchases breakfast and snacks for employees during this period. We are happy to accommodate unpaid leave for seasonal employees as needed during the period 1 February to 15 April, but we ask that a supervisor be informed several weeks in advance so that we can arrange for a substitute.
SAMPLE TASK LIST
- Prepare tax documents for client review and signature
- Field client calls
- Field client e-mails
- Scan and fax documents as needed at the request of senior tax consultants
- Prepare files for the next day's appointments
- Order (and occasionally pick-up) office equipment / supplies / consumables
Please respond to the e-mail attached to this posting if interested. DO NOT CALL.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers