compensation: $40,000+, depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Ross & Moncure is a public accounting firm specializing in the taxation of small and medium-sized business enterprises (SMEs), high-net-worth individuals, multinational individuals, non-immigrant visa holders, freelancers and contractors, and the US operations of foreign corporations. The firm provides tax planning and preparation services, highly-customized Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services, and reporting and consulting services relating to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and cross-border compliance requirements.
Ross & Moncure is looking for a high-energy permanent hire to help to run the office and to liaise with clients as needed. Ideal start date would be 11 November 2019, though we do have some flexibility.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Comfort in international work environments (we have a large international client base)
- Willingness to work long hours during tax season (February to mid-April)
- Works well within a close-knit team
- Driver's license (for very occasional errand runs if deliveries have not arrived)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Candidates with an interest in learning more about the firm's work and growing internally preferred
SAMPLE TASK LIST - Executive Assistant (employee; annual salary $40,000 - $55,000; April bonus from 2020)
- Answer phones; check messages
- Confirm appointments; prepare documents for appointments; greet clients as they arrive to our office
- Prepare three conference rooms for meetings each day
- Support with bookkeeping (A/P and A/R)
- Support with client communications (service pitches, IRS notice responses)
- Support with task management and follow-up (ensuring that client e-mails are answered using internal task management system; ensuring that projects are completed within the time frame quoted to client)
- Support on personal administrative tasks to assist senior consultants
Please find general year-round hours below, though these hours are entirely subject to workload.
- Slow season (1 June to 31 January): 8AM - 5PM on weekdays
- Early tax season (1 February to 28 February): 8AM - 6PM on weekdays and 9AM to 5PM on Saturdays
- Late tax season (1 March to 15 April): 8AM - 6:30PM on weekdays and 9AM to 6:30PM on Saturdays
- Post season (17 April to 31 May): 8AM - 4:30PM on weekdays
Please note that during tax season (the first week of February through the second week of April), all Ross & Moncure employees and contractors are expected to work on Saturdays. Lunch will be provided by the firm on these Saturdays. The firm also regularly purchases breakfast and snacks for employees during this period. We are happy to accommodate unpaid leave for seasonal employees as needed during the period 1 February to 15 April, but we ask that a supervisor be informed several weeks in advance so that we can arrange for a substitute.
Please respond to the relay e-mail attached to this posting if interested. DO NOT CALL.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers