available afternoons available mornings available weekdays education completed: associates
QR Code Link to This Post
I was recently laid off due to a reduction in force and organizational changes because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I'm actively seeking a new opportunity, preferably full time or contract in the administrative field but I'm open to new career paths in other areas. I'm a 10 year Army Veteran with experience in many industries. I can adapt to any work environment very easily, I'm always on time, very reliable transportation, and I do have the ability to work from home if need be. I'm seeking employment in the Northern Virginia area. Currently residing Near Fredericksburg and would like to keep my commute 50 miles or less. Please see my resume below. If you are an employer seeking to fill a position where my experience may be a great fit, please contact me by phone or email. I'll be happy to send a word version of my resume. Thank you
I have over 20 years of providing direct executive support, project management and data analysis support while supporting C-level executives and senior government officials. I have successfully performed a wide range of duties such as office management, calendaring, website content management, and event planning. I have coordinated meetings big and small, to include coordinate offsite meetings. Made extensive domestic and international travel arrangements in multiple time zones and also provided administrative support to multiple executives at one time. I've been a gatekeeper and used discretion when necessary. While performing these duties, I've also been project manager, budget administrator, and procurement and contracts administrator. I am an expert in utilizing the Defense Travel System (DTS), SharePoint, SAP, Oracle, Concur, Mac software applications, Google docs, Dropbox, Salesforce, and also MS Office products such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Project.
Executive Assistant November 2019 to April 2020
• Executive Assistant to the CEO & Founder, Chief Finance Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and Chief Human Resources Officer.
• Responsible for managing the executives outlook calendars and tasks given by the executives.
• Managed travel for all 4 executives.
• Lead project teams related to a range of operational matters.
• Managed deliverables for CEO and provided necessary reporting of deliverables.
• Created and edited presentations, documents, and reports for the CEO and other chief executives.
• Managed Board of Trustees meetings by preparing board briefing materials.
• Processed all travel reimbursements and reconciled corporate credit card statements.
• Ran personal errands for CEO and maintained confidential personal files
• Scheduled candidate interviews for recruitment candidates.
• Approved all timecards and PTO requests for 3 departments.
Professional Security Solutions January 2019 to November 2019
Executive Protection Agent (Part-time)
• Performed as an executive protection agent for a private security company part time.
Defense Logistics Agency
Administrative Assistant (Part-time) February 2019 to May 2019
● Performed a variety of technical and administrative support duties which related to the functions of the Defense Distribution Center Richmond Mapping Division.
● Created formats for forms, spreadsheets, charts, graphs and other data displays.
● Maintained a suspense system to ensure all deadlines were met or extensions granted.
● Provided assistance to the Division Chief.
● Reviewed correspondence and action documents, reviewed for procedural and grammatical accuracy, conformance with general policy, tone and factual correctness.
● Utilized a variety of automated equipment to include computer systems and software to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint applications.
● Developed and updated briefing material for use by supervisors, assuring accurate information and statistical accuracy.
● Maintained time and attendance for DLA Mapping personnel.
● Coordinated travel and schedules for Division Chief and team.
● Ordered supplies and maintained accountability of supplies.
Office Manager/Personal Administrative Assistant July 2017 to August 2018
● Provided general administrative support including mailing, scanning, and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems.
● Managed the calendars of the Executives.
● Answered the Executive’s phones, where necessary.
● Assisted in resolving administrative issues that would inevitably arise.
● Worked as a team with other executive assistants on joint projects.
● Scheduled and coordinated meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Executives.
● Prepared and sent holiday cards to customers.
● Set up and ordered food for meetings.
● Paid attention to what was happening and got out in front of issues that would arise.
LongView International Technology Solutions, Inc.
Senior Project Consultant March 2017 to July 2017
● Provided executive support, data analysis, and reporting needs for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
● Extracted, summarized and analyzed data for projected budgets using Excel.
● Collaborated effectively with a variety of individuals within the organization to set priorities and manage projects.
● Prepared various types of documents; including reports, speeches, internal and external correspondence briefs, and other written materials.
● Provided guidance to Senior Management, Project Manager and project team(s) in directing development of project schedules for new/existing/future applications.
● Attended, and facilitated Senior Management level meetings, identified actions to be assigned, and track the actions to completion. Maintained Executive’s official schedule, travel plans, and related records.
● Briefed the executive on all scheduling activities of the offices and made recommendations on proposed future meetings.
● Arranged conferences, prepared agency, notified participants, and composed drafts of introductions and talking points to be presented.
● Scheduled meetings, determined when preliminary discussions with individuals or organizations are necessary, and prepared the agenda for meetings.
Senior Executive Assistant and Business Operations Coordinator November 2015 to March 2017
● Collaborated on the development of departmental and vendor scorecards, maintains metrics on performance.
● Merged and ran data loads in Salesforce to maintain customer accounts.
● Successfully lead project team to set up new office due to company acquisition ensuring the office was fully operational.
● Prepared charts, graphs, and tables using computer system, peripheral equipment, and Microsoft Excel and Access.
● Made informal recommendations for new, or changes in, procedures and/or problem resolutions.
● Tracked and managed a $4M budget for the division’s travel, supply, and consultants.
● Managed all calendar scheduling, travel, and expense reporting for the Vice President of Public Affairs and 4 other Senior Directors.
● Lead project management/event coordination.
● Coordinated Global Public Affairs staffing activities to include interviewing and on-boarding.
● Conducted Internet research and made internal web contributions and managed departmental SharePoint site and SAP.
● Assisted Global Vice President of Public Affairs Head with operations, policies and procedures for managing of global organization.
● Assisted with HR related projects, with confidentiality, as needed.
● Assisted with hosting and organizing international delegations in headquarters and other venues.
● Lead special projects as identified by the Vice President.
● Maintained relationships at all levels of the organization.
AOL Inc. (Acquired by Verizon)
Senior Executive Assistant May 2014 to November 2015
● Tracked and maintained a $500K Global Public Policy budget including state and local Political Action Committee (PAC) budgets.
● Managed Washington, D.C. office that housed over 50 personnel including the Huffington Post news team.
● Monitored Congressional legislative and committee hearing calendar for VP of Public Policy, and coordinated attendance at relevant committee hearings and briefings.
● Disbursed all political campaign contributions for AOL Inc. and submitted quarterly, semi-annual, and annual compliance reports related to state policy lobbying firms.
● Coordinated and planned significant corporate and public policy events.
● Coordinated travel and managed calendars for 4 senior executives including processing expense reports using Concur.
● Hosted trade association board meetings.
Northrop Grumman Technical Services
Executive Assistant (Department of Defense Contractor) June 2008 to May 2014
● Managed administrative operations for a 15-20 person office. Essential functions included: Project management, meeting coordination, document management, facilitating travel arrangements and preparing briefing slides.
● Started an office entirely from the ground up. Ensuring the site was fully operational prior to moving in.
● Coordinated travel arrangements and scheduled appointments for a senior Department of Defense official.
● Performed in-depth research and analysis for Distribution required supplies to include but not limited to: Processed Supply Request Forms, Issuing, Monitoring Inventories, Collected Receipts and Conducted Surveys. Generated reports as required and provide limited analysis of reports. Ensured that all supporting documentation is maintain, filed and safeguarded according to the appropriate regulations and requirements.
● Handled confidential documents, maintained calendars, arranged and attended meetings and conferences on behalf of the Director, Advanced Concepts & Planning, Office of the Secretary of Defense.
● Tracked travel budgets, supply inventory and funding through Excel and other MS software applications.
● Served as the Accountable Property Representative for the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
● Served as a Point of Contact for the DDRE Customer Support call service for trouble reporting calls for system problems.
Analytic Services Inc. (ANSER)
Special Assistant to the VP for Human Capital and
Corporate Communication Strategies July 2006 to June 2008
● Scheduled extensive domestic and overseas travel arrangements and scheduled high profile meetings for the VP
● Managed a division budget of over $1M.
● Produced high quality reports, presentations, and other documents using various PC software packages.
● Acted on behalf of the Vice President in matters that related to Human Capital functions when the Vice President was not available.
● Managed calendar, scheduled meetings, and monitored email for the Vice President.
● Managed Human Capital Division website content and helped design new corporate website.
U.S. Army Veteran
Executive Assistant & Logistics Specialist February 1996 to July 2006
● Managed office budgets ranging from $270K to $4.1M.
● Planned for and conducted limited management studies to achieve maximum resource utilization. Performed research and analysis using the Distribution Standard System (DSS), to prepare workload analysis reports. Assisted members with DSS issues to include log in and daily operation problems. Was directly responsible for processing Supply Request Forms, Issuing, Monitoring Inventories, Collecting Receipts and Conducting Surveys for internal and external customers.
● Maintained Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets for Distribution stock of expendable supplies.
● Government Purchase Card holder for unit.
● Maintained Secret Clearance.
● Served on the pilot program for the Defense Travel System start up. Expert in utilizing DTS.
● Performed special projects, maintained calendars, scheduled appointments, arranged meetings for senior military officials.
● Served as cargo specialist by offloading equipment and disposing of equipment.
● Composed and recommended supplemental policy and program instruction for various commands.
● Supervised 10 military personnel within the 10 years of military service.
● Logistics Liaison for the 2005 Presidential Inaugural where I flawlessly coordinated transportation movement and support for over 710 military personnel throughout the entire Inaugural period lasting more than two weeks.
● Evaluated results of studies on operations or segments of operations as part of larger, more complex studies, to achieve maximum resource utilization.
● Pinpointed specific areas deviating from plans and schedules for more intensive study and/or investigation.
● Conducted the preliminary analysis for workload requirements in relation to declines, peaks, workflow, and manpower. Analyzed and isolated difficulties and prepared data summarization for further managerial review.
● Obtained data from personnel at DD in accomplishing projects and studies.
● Coordinated logistics for over 430 VIPs to include the Vice President of the United States.
Education: Associates of Arts in Criminal Justice
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers