Available to teach English as a foreign language, music and a variety of IT topics. I'm very open to working with schools that can provide classroom hands-on computer labs or music studios. Also interested in an interesting technology or sales role.
• University bachelor's degree (Modern foreign language);
• Ivy league technology training experience (3 years). Networking, databases, office software;
• Community college experience teaching Unix, Windows system administration, networking;
• Thorough knowledge of Linguistics topics, Phonetics (IPA, SAMPA notation), grammar, morphology, syntax, spaced repetition;
• EFL tutoring experience;
• Native English speaker;
• Lived and worked years abroad in a non-English speaking environment;
• German speaker with native-like fluency, also speak Spanish, French well;
• Experience delivering multiple days of classroom training and consulting in French, Italian, German.
• University study of classical languages (Latin, Greek, Hebrew);
• Able to converse in Russian, Mandarin, Arabic on a limited range of topics;
• My foreign language skills are easy to demonstrate and impossible to fake;
• Detailed study of Korean and Semitic phonology;
• SAT, professional certification exam test prep experience for vocabulary, medical terminology;
• U.S. Citizen.
• Accomplished professional presentation and writing skills, with technical papers accepted for publication and delivered at international conferences in Europe, US;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experienced doing technical presales for a software services company in several languages;
• Strong organizational skills, with experience managing a 6 person IT department;
MUSICAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• Accomplished piano accompanist, performing often in the DMV area in duos with female vocalists;
• Accepted into university symphony, chamber orchestras, choral and musical comedy groups and shows, pit orchestra;
• Experienced standup comic, jazz and musical theater performer;
• College work experience as a church music director, also organized children's music performances.
• Work at several churches as a musician.
Experience designing curricula;
Teaching 15 to 20 students in a hands-on classroom setting;
Tutoring, adapting to the individual needs of the students;
Administering and grading exams;
Writing end-of-session reports.
I'm able to teach classes Monday-Friday;
Morning classes from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm. Evening classes from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm.
Able to commit to a minimum of one full session, including all end-of-session grading and reports.
TUTORING, TEST PREP
I'm not looking for a service to subcontract in-home tutoring, but I'm available to tutor:
Piano, voice, guitar, beginner violin, trumpet, trombone;
I'm available to teach adults or kids, in small groups or one-on-one. I encourage a parent and child to take lessons together, no extra charge... music is a great family activity!
Full-stack software development, system administration, database access;
EFL, accent reduction;
Able and willing to teach in English or in several foreign languages;
I've designed several EFL curricula:
Telenovela English practice sessions;
English for technology;
English accent reduction through songwriting.
SALES, CONSULTATIVE SALES
I'm very comfortable doing sales calls, as well as customer service, tech support, tech pre-sales of custom services, solutions architecture. Able to host business networking mixers.
I live in Arlington.
I look forward to learning more about opportunities and answering any questions you may have.
it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers