$80 per hour for engagement greater than 3 months. Also interested in interim and part-time positions.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Dedicated proactive, and highly accomplished executive with an extensive track record leading financial operations for both large and medium-sized businesses. Proven ability to analyze company operations to identify and capitalize upon significant cost savings to maximize bottom-line growth and reduce unnecessary expenditures. Collaborates closely with other members of the executive team to provide subject matter expertise regarding long- range and financial planning initiatives to sustain business growth. Thrives in team-oriented work environments.
Areas of Expertise:
Financial Management • Negotiations/Contract Administration • Internal/External Audits Cross-Functional Collaboration • M&A • GAAP • Regulatory Compliance • Due Diligence Strategic Financial Planning • Forecasting • Budget Development • Tax Reporting
Personnel Management • Cost Controls • FAR/CAS /DCAA• IT Management, GAAP, SOX and FASB.
Efficiency Optimization & Cost Reduction
• Discovered $532K of undocumented expenses and billed to clients.
• Realized annual savings of $500K by negotiating a reduction in health benefits (life insurance long/short term disability) by 39% and 17%, respectively, forgoing the need to change providers.
• Achieved $350K improvement in gross margins by defining metrics to measure and set goals for improvement.
• Developed and implemented improved methods of cost reducing products, leading to $350K in annual savings.
• Improved PCB assembly/test time by 75%+ (4 weeks to 5 days) by introducing a $10.5M automation project.
• Reduced annual engineering costs by $708k by collaborating closely with Engineering team to stabilize product releases and minimize rework and scrap costs.
• Recognized $78K of unbilled direct charges relating to government contracts.
• Implemented automated system to allocate indirect costs by project.
Contract Administration ; Negotiations
• Spearheaded renegotiation of several key T&M contracts from "break even" to 8% EBITA.
• Successfully issued and negotiated 25 NDA, Teaming and Subcontract Agreements, and Task Orders.
• Served as the Financial Lead for a $125M procurement agreement with the Department of Agriculture.
• Facilitated thorough due diligence process that resulted in BOD rejecting an acquisition following agreement on deal terms and conditions.
• Managed and monitored $20M Endowment and recorded subsequent gain or loss.
• Directed and oversaw six DCAA, IRS, GSA, and DOL audits while ensuring no financial or compliance impact.
• Developed comprehensive knowledge of FAR, CAS, DFAR, GAAP, and Fund Accounting.
• Established system to track temporarily restricted and revenue recognition on a project-by-project basis.
• Prepared price, cost, and compliance sections for 75 RFPs.
• Simultaneously managed business operations while expanding company presence to new locations.
• Handled budget development and strategic goal setting, as well as preparing analysis of performance with narrative.
• Developed and implemented zero base budget,
• Managed purchasing process and calculated purchase price variance (PPV) to maximize efficiency.
• Streamlined month-end closing process from five days to two days.
• Implemented Deltek GCS Premier and Microsoft Dynamics SL accounting systems.
Project Management ; Infrastructure Improvement
• Instrumental in transforming a system house company to a product company that significantly increased gross margin while minimizing risk and exposure.
• Implemented product life cycle costing with price and cost targets, and an ERP system for automated factory.
Acquisitions & Strategic Partnerships
• Analyzed and evaluated benefits of "make versus buy," product private branding, and joint ventures.
• Managed the acquisition for a publicly traded company and the sell process of an operating division.
• Gained hands-on knowledge of standard, job, and process cost methods, physical inventory, and LIFO/FIFO.
• Completed GE FMP, including rotation assignments in finance and graduate courses.
Strategic Leadership & Management
• Developed of three-year strategic and financial plan for a division spin-off.
• Traveled throughout Far East to oversee manufacturing operations and work with vendors and competition.
• Managed a diverse staff comprised of 42 employees with four direct reports.
• Established NFP France Foundation to raise money for diabetes research.
Interim CFO - Innovate Team 2017 - Present
Interim CFO - Real Estate Development & Investor 2011 - 2016
Chief Financial Officer - VW International, Inc. ($35M GovCon) 2006 - 2011 Chief Financial Officer - SET Corporation* ($18M GovCon) 2005 - 2006 Chief Financial Officer - Market Development Group ($30M), Direct Mail 2002 - 2005
Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation ($9.5M)
Chief Financial Officer - Riveon Corporation* (Venture-Backed Start-Up) 2000 - 2002 Chief Financial Officer - Storm Control Systems, Inc.* ($30M GovCon) 1995 - 2000
Additional positions at NPRI* ($12M Software Firm), Cybergraphic Systems, Inc.* ($9M Software Firm), Data General Corporation ($1.3B Software/Hardware Firm), and General Electric, Co. ($150B Conglomerate).
* denotes tenure ended due to company acquisition.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) and; Bachelor of Science (BS) in Finance
University of Rhode Island
Financial Management Training Program (FMP) and; Corporate Audit Staff
General Electric Company
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers