townhouse w/d in unit no smoking street parking no private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
One bedroom with a shared bathroom available.
-room is 10 feet by 12 feet and furnished with a nice antique wood set
- Remodeled and fully equipped kitchen
- Wood deck with a lakeview, which has a propane grill, table and chairs.
- Eating nook beside kitchen and formal dining room.
- Laundry facilities in basement.
- Living Room with two couches and large TV with multiple streaming services
- Dock privileges on Lake Thoreau with the ability to keep a kayak or canoe
- One parking spot shared with another tenant
- Numerous walking and biking trails throughout the area and around the lake
- Five minute walk to bus stop
- 1.2 mile walk/bicycle to the Wiehle-Reston Metro station, or a 1.8 mile drive.
- 0.7 miles from major shopping center (Safeway, CVS, Chipotle, Subway, Starbucks, dry cleaners, etc) and 3 miles from Reston Town Center.
- Very quiet area, the house is in a cul de sac with almost no road noise
- Utilities are currently set at a flat rate of $85 which covers water, electricity, and fios gigabit internet
The bedroom is furnished with a full sized bed, nightstand, and dresser. It has a standard sized window and an extra wide closet.
The top floor has three bedrooms and the shared bathroom plus a linen closet with available space. There is a cat gate to keep the cats from entering the top floor. The bathroom will only be shared with one other person, a quiet polite woman who keeps to herself.
The main floor contains the kitchen, living room, dining room, and a half bathroom. The basement has the laundry room and my room.
The rest of the house is furnished and stocked, I have a fully equipped kitchen including sets of stainless steel and nonstick pans, dishes, utensils, cookware, laundry facilities, a nice set of living room furniture, etc
I'm looking for clean, quiet roommates, but guests are allowed. All of the main floor is shared space. I need someone who is LGBTQ friendly. I have two cats who are friendly and affectionate, they appear in most of the pictures since they usually follow me around.
I'll only allow monthly leases. I'm not expecting problems or short term tenants, it's just due to a bad experience in the past. I had more than one roommate who turned out to be a destructive alcoholic who left holes in walls, but aside from those sorts I've never had to evict a tenant, my last two tenants were here for over two years with no issues. A prorated month's rent and one month refundable security deposit are required at move-in, and I will be running a background check. The prorating is based on when you move in, so if you move in on the 20th of the month you only pay a third of the rent, and the next rent is due at the beginning of the month.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers