compensation: Dependent on skill level and experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Avitecture, Inc., an employee-owned company in Sterling, Virginia, is now accepting resumes from qualified, experienced audio-visual technicians.
Founded in 1979 as AV Washington, we are an employee-owned company of engineers, programmers, installation technicians, project managers, service and support professionals, sales consultants, and administrative personnel. Strong, stable, focused, and growing; Avitecture designs, builds, installs, and supports integrated commercial AV-IT systems. We are currently accepting resumes for technicians with audio-visual or similar technical experience who can work independently, learn quickly, and take pride in their work. Dedication, self-motivation, initiative, punctuality, and excellent communication skills are required.
Routine day-to-day installation tasks and requirements include, but are not limited to:
* Mounting of low voltage electrical equipment including LCD/LED displays, overhead projectors, projection screens, speakers, cameras, interface devices, etc...
* Reading and following AV technical system drawings, AV infrastructure drawings, elevations, and scopes of work.
* Pulling of low-voltage electrical cabling through various ceilings, floors, and conduit.
* Final termination of cable connectors via crimping, compression, and soldering
* Understanding of general AV installation practices, connectors, cables, signal types, and terminology.
* Following and maintaining strict safety standards
* Building and wiring equipment racks
* Working with and understanding the functionality of various hardware such as AV control systems, audio DSPs, digital video/audio switchers, video-teleconferencing equipment, etc.
* Troubleshooting, commissioning, and final testing of various AV systems.
* The ability to work in overhead ceiling spaces, using ladders, lifts, and/or scaffolding
* Lifting up to 75 pounds
* Working with various team members in a professional manner.
* Travel to various job sites around the DMV area depending on day-to-day operations.
As an Installation Technician, you will work in newly finished and unfinished spaces such as boardrooms, conference rooms, command and control centers, classrooms, offices, theaters, museums, and government facilities. * Holding an active government-issued security clearance and/or Avixia CTS certification is a plus.*
Avitecture offers competitive pay for skilled technicians depending on experience and credentials. Our employee-owners enjoy exceptional benefits, including Cigna medical, vision & dental, 401(k), an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), paid vacation time, paid sick time, Flexible Spending Accounts for childcare and medical expenses, life insurance, cellphone reimbursement, paid holidays, take-home vehicles for "Lead" techs, mileage and parking reimbursement, etc.
All candidates must have their own transportation and be willing to drive to various job sites around the DC/MD/VA area. Avitecture, Inc. provides its technicians with top-of-the-line power tools, equipment, and crimpers. On-the-job training is provided for hirees new to the industry.
Avitecture is proud of the work we have performed for our thousands of clients as well as the knowledge, skills, and accomplishments of our employee-owners. To learn more about Avitecture, Inc., or to apply for a position with our company, please visit our website @ https://avitecture.com.
All interested candidates should email me directly through CL with the title "AV TECHNICIAN OPENING", or call the number and extension listed below.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers