Toyon is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to join the IT Team in providing day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for workstations, servers, network switches, routers, and firewalls.
QR Code Link to This Post
Responsibilities will include:
• Performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
• Scheduling installations and upgrades and maintaining them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
• Monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Ensuring workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Ensuring data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Implements and promotes standard operating procedures.
• Conducting hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Configuring, implementing, and maintaining voice, data and network communications systems.
• Monitoring communications performance using visual, diagnostic equipment, status indicator checking methods, etc., to locate problems.
• Utilizing electronic and telephone equipment.
• Responding to local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) user requests for system upgrades and changes.
• Providing maintenance support for various systems such as electronic mail, message centers, or other computer-automated communications systems.
• Interfacing with vendors on new technology and system updates.
• Minimum of 3 years of technical training and experience with:
o Scripting (Bash/PowerShell/Python/Ruby)
o Microsoft Active Directory
o Windows (Server and Workstations)
o Apple macOS
o Linux (Debian/CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu/SUSE)
o Virtualization (Docker/KVM/Hyper-V/VMware)
o Automation and Configuration Management (Anisble/Chef/Puppet)
o Distributed Version Control Systems (Git/SVN)
o Configuration and Management of Enterprise Networking Hardware and Firewalls
The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes:
• DevOps approach to systems administration
• Interest in learning and growing technical skill-set
U.S. Citizenship is Required. This position requires a current TOP SECRET clearance.
Please e-mail resume.
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Toyon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability