The Network Engineer is responsible for installation, layout and maintenance of all network components. Plan, design, analyze and provide technical support for the network. He/she will conduct research and evaluate the networks technologies and recommend improvement ideas. The Network Engineer will be responsible for installing all updated software to company computers. He /she may be responsible for customizing the network to the company's needs by connecting the necessary hardware and software to the network. The Network Engineer is responsible to setting up new employee computers and ensuring they have a user name and password. He/she is also responsible for maintaining GWS sites and ensuring all data is current and accurate. The Network Engineer will be responsible for issuing all building access cards for employees. The Network Engineer also will be responsible for all IT related hardware and software implementation, design and deployments including phone systems/PBX (Mitel).
Primary duties and responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure.
• Configuration of T1/T3/Fiber and Firewall/Switches
• Set up new user accounts, permissions and passwords. Maintain DB of all accounts and security.
• Monitor network usage with Firewall tools and report user activity and prevent data breach.
• Ensure the most cost effective and efficient use of servers and resources with innovation and creativity.
• Suggest and provide IT solutions to business and management problems.
• Ensure all IT equipment complies with industry standards.
• Analyze and resolve faults where system is compromised or proactively work to prevent data loss and external/internal attacks
• Undertake the routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining, and monitoring network security.
• Manage the website and keep internal networks running with zero downtown of the network.
• Monitor physical and hardware security to prevent theft and system loss.
• Interface directly with the help desk and IT support technicians to resolve and document hardware and software troubleshooting tickets, bug reports and errors.
• Collaborate with various managers to improve existing processes, increase automation and meet product development goals.
• Support daily operations and monitoring of multiple databases, user accounts, file permissions, and other systems according to standard operating procedures for storage and backup architectures.
• Support daily operations of FTP/HTTP file transfer for clients and internal users.
Education and experience requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or a combination of education and experience.
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE); Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA); Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), working knowledge with Cisco Smart appliance like Meraki and Dell switches.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Network Engineer or Network Administrator.
• Attention to detail, good organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft eco systems/Servers with SQL/IIS/WebDAV administration experience.
• Excellent knowledge of IDS/IPS
• Excellent knowledge of Mitel PBX systems and POTS.
• Excellent knowledge of maintaining a wireless network with limited attacks and Breach from inside/outside.
• Excellent knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems.
• Excellent knowledge of Big data, ETL, large SQL DB
• Must be willing to comply with GWS’s drug testing policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities