An Ahtna Professional Services, Inc., (APSI) Security Guard assigned to this specific job position will be responsible for the protection of and access to highly classified and sensitive equipment, technology and information. Protection of this equipment, technology and information is extremely regulated in a controlled environment and only highly qualified Professional Security Guards are charged with this critical responsibility. Rigorous adherence and understanding of security protocols is mandatory, as is a US Government security clearance up to Top Secret - SCI. Candidates for this position will undergo an extensive vetting process by APSI, the client and the US Government Office of Personnel Management (OPM). This mandatory process is lengthy and thorough.
The APSI Security Guard must perform many tasks including preserving order and enforcing regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. Officers may be required to patrol or respond to calls for service. Other duties include working at an entry control point to a secured facility, answering phones, greeting guests and assisting employees.
This is a highly visible and trusted position for which ONLY qualified candidates will be considered. If you qualify based on the below requirements, please complete the position application.
• High School Diploma or GED required;
• Minimum of 3-5 years high-level security experience on DOD site or similar in US Armed Forces
• Working experience interacting with persons of varying cultures, educational levels and personal orientations
• Be able to obtain a US government security clearance
Working knowledge of all the following:
• Proper radio protocol
• The denotation of confidentiality
• Ability to write clear and concise incident reports
• Be articulate and able to explain a situation coherently
• Be a leader and self-starter
• Maintain a professional appearance
• Understand and maintain accountability
• Have the ability to de-escalate hostile situations and people
• Maintain a command presence
• Have the capability to articulate instructions in a manner that is easily accepted
• Associate Degree or higher (preferred)
• Possess a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and DelTek (preferred)
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Ahtna Native Corporation Shareholders, Descendants, and Spouses in all phases of employment.
Please apply online at www.ahtna.com/careers, Job# 1388BR, emailed resumes will NOT be accepted. For questions or more information, contact the Recruiter, Linda MacCubbin, (907) 290-2940, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ahtna and its family of companies are Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We also participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers