Are you a seasoned sales pro who’s passionate about cars? A gearhead who cares about how things work as well as how they look and likes to talk about it? As comfortable on the phone as on the ‘net?
QR Code Link to This Post
At Three Pedals we built our reputation by creating high quality parts to install manual transmissions into vehicles. As we’ve grown so has our reputation for updating vehicles with newer engines and upgrades that make driving more enjoyable, including modern suspension and brakes. Our work has been featured in numerous publications.
We’re now ready to hire an Online Sales Manager to grow our mail-order parts department. The successful candidate will play an active role in promoting the Three Pedals brand and connecting with prospects. We ship parts worldwide and offer installation at our shop in Sterling, Virginia.
Our major areas of focus include drivetrain swaps, drivetrain upgrades, and manual conversions. This includes LS and LT engine swap parts, manual transmission conversion parts, transmissions, clutches, flywheels, bellhousings, exhaust systems and components, computer tuning, fuel injection conversions, suspension systems, brakes, wheels and tires, and related parts. Domestic cars and trucks from the 1950s to present are our biggest market, but we also work with imports.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
• Generate new leads: Respond to needs found in social media posts and online forums; identify new and/or new-to-us parts we can promote online; talk up our services with attendees at car events.
• Respond to inbound inquiries: Answer customer questions when able, such as providing additional details about a part or verifying compatibility with customer’s vehicle; when unable to answer, refer the question to your manager and relay manager’s response accurately to the customer; proactively identify other recommended parts based on the customer’s needs and goals.
• Share expertise: Educating customers is a key part of our strategy: it builds our reputation and helps customers make informed purchase decisions. Therefore, sharing personal experience and knowledge
will also be part of the Online Sales Manager’s portfolio.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including proper grammar and spelling
• Excellent listening: Patience with listening to a customer’s questions and the ability to probe for needed details effectively and tactfully
• Familiarity with marketing online, including in forums and Facebook groups
• Ability to recognize one’s limits in answering questions, and a willingness to refer questions to another Three Pedals resource and/or to call the manufacturer for additional information
• Experience selling vehicle parts online
• Basic knowledge of car and truck components required; hands-on maintenance and repair experience is preferred.
• CRM experience preferred
You must be eligible to work full time and be able to work in Sterling, Virginia.