compensation: $80/hr-$110/hr as a 1099 employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client is a brand name media company. This is a place that you’ll be excited to tell your friends and family that you are working for. This is not your typical DC area government contracting opportunity – but a chance to work for a company whose name is respected throughout the entertainment world.
For this client, we are currently recruiting for a solid lead developer/engineer who would like to work as a contract-to-hire for our client. This is a great opportunity for a smart lead developer to come into a firm and build mission-critical applications.
The Lead Developer/Engineer leads and contributes to the full systems life cycle. S/he will work collaboratively with Analysts and Product Managers to understand the business requirements and lead the analysis and physical design of technical solutions. S/he is responsible for the physical design of technical solutions which includes: analysis/design, building/coding, review, testing, configuration and deploying software and systems. The solutions frequently involve development and integration of multiple components spanning across on premises and SaaS offerings within the cloud. S/he is detail-oriented and comfortable working in an Agile Scrum environment. S/he works as an individual contributor with a high degree of autonomy while providing technical leadership and oversight of day to day tasks of other engineers.
The keys for a great candidate are:
- API development experience (any language - java preferred, python is ok as well)
- Serve as a lead developer (mentor and architecture guidance)
- 7+ years experience
- Asynchronous programming experience a must
• Strong knowledge and experience with object-oriented design and development with Python, Java or other modern language
• Strong knowledge and experience designing, developing and consuming and integrating REST, SOAP and WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) Services and familiarity with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) design principles
• Hands on experience with SQL database development and analysis (e.g. create queries, stored procedures, views, indices and functions)
• Experience with designing, building and deploying products using cloud native services with AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Azure
• Experience with Node.js
• Enterprise Integration patterns, software design patterns
• Experience with Container technologies such as docker
• Experience with Cloud migrations
• Experience with API testing tools (e.g. SoapUI, Postman, etc.)
• Working knowledge of XML, XSD/XSLT, JSON
• Experience with BPM (Business Process Management) products (e.g. Cordys, Bonita, etc.) and ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) solutions (e.g. Biztalk, Talend, Open ESB, Mule, etc.)
The initial rate would be between $80/hr-$110/hr as a 1099. If you would prefer to be a full employee of AAJ interactive during the contracting period, we can talk through comparable compensation on salary. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity, with the likelihood of conversion after six months. On conversion, the salary would be around $145k/yr plus excellent benefits.
The location for this work will initially be remote, as there will be construction and renovation going on in their offices. After about 3 months, the work will be on-site at our clients’ offices in Springfield VA. Please do not apply if you don’t want to be on-site in the near future. Once the construction is completed you will be required to be on-site the majority of the time – so please don’t apply if you don’t plan to live local to the greater DC area, and can commute to Springfield VA.
If this sounds like you, please respond with your compensation/salary requirements as soon as possible.
Please no telecommuters or agencies.
About AAJ Interactive Technologies:
AAJ Interactive Technologies, established in 1997 by cutting-edge technology executives, is a technology professional-services company supplying project-based consulting, staff augmentation, and recruiting services to leading firms throughout Metropolitan Washington, DC area.
We work differently from most of our competition. In our careers, we have been the ones doing the hiring (managing and mentoring large staffs in a corporate culture), and we have been the ones being hired (consulting in small and large roles alike). This unique perspective allows us to understand both sides of this business.
We believe that because of our principles we have succeeded where others have failed. The recruiting/technology space can be full of companies that are not really looking out for your interests – ask around … we’re not one of them! We want you to succeed, and we’ll do everything we can to help you do just that!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers